Author Topic: Teleporters: how to set target  (Read 1792 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Teleporters: how to set target
« on: November 25, 2015, 06:50:10 PM »
So, I'm making a level that uses both two-way teleporters and one-way teleporters.

However, the problem with that level lies with the teleporters themselves. See the picture below (this is not going to be a level in DynaLems).

So, a lemming exits a one-way teleporter at Point A, then goes to the two-way teleporter at point B to the teleporter in point C. However, when that lemming goes to the two-way teleporter at Point C, it comes out of the one-way receiver at point A.

Attached is the test level (and the needed style) to see what it's like.

What I want is when the lemming enters the the two-way teleporter, it should come out of the two-way teleporter, not the one-way receiver.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Teleporters: how to set target
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 02:14:35 AM »
A two-way teleporter can teleport to either a receiver or another two-way teleporter. Likewise, a one-way teleporter can teleport to either a receiver or a two-way teleporter.

Am I right in thinking you want Teleporter (unmarked) to link to Receiver A, and Two-Way Teleporter B to link to Two-Way Teleporter C (in both directions)? If so, just make sure the S Value of (unmarked) and A are the same, and that the S Value of B and C are the same as each other (but different from (unmarked) and A).

Basically, the underlying mechanic is - a teleporter (excluding single-object teleporters, as they simply teleport to themself; but it includes both standard and two-ways) starts looking through the object list, starting from the object after itself (or from Object 0, if Cheapo Mode is active), and wrapping around to the first object if it reaches the end, until it finds an object that is:
> Either a Receiver or a Two-Way Teleporter
> Not fake
> Has the same S value as the sending teleporter

And it sends the lemming to that object. In the event that it finds itself (ie: because there's no receiver / other two-way teleporter in the level with a matching S value), the teleporter is treated as fake.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)