Author Topic: Buttons buried too deeply in terrain  (Read 2680 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Buttons buried too deeply in terrain
« on: December 19, 2015, 03:12:03 AM »
a completely different note which I don't think I ever mentioned: (but apologies if I did)

why are the exit unlock buttons trigger area's sunk so low into the ground? As it currently is in order to see them to a good degree or to look nice they must be placed over top of the terrain else; they disappear completely under the terrain when stepped on.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Buttons buried too deeply in terrain
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 03:42:34 AM »
The initial ones were designed to be placed over the top of terrain; that just kinda stuck with the newer ones in different graphic sets.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: Buttons buried too deeply in terrain
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 12:33:14 AM »
it makes sense; and I'm okay if this is kept. But imo some of them look better under the terrain, like metal I think...
With a lot of objects; not just buttons; I think they look a little odd when placed over top of terrain. They sort of look out of place; like they're floating away from the terrain somehow. But sometimes I still place them over anyway depending on the situation.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 12:59:51 AM by möbius »
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain