Author Topic: Level Of The Year: 2015!  (Read 12053 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Level Of The Year: 2015!
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2015, 01:08:08 AM »
Use the current title; you might want to specifically note in your nominations that this has happened, to avoid it being mistaken for a level that's only been released outside the timeframe.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2015, 01:21:31 AM »
We have 10 days left until nominations close, keep 'em coming!
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2015, 03:35:40 PM »
There's just over 3 days left to get your nominations in. There haven't been that many received, so let's try and get some more! In particular - no Lix levels have been nominated yet.

I just realised that I never got back to the board on a decision regarding previous contest entries so - it's fine to nominate them, as long as all other rules are still followed. For these levels, the release date counts as when the playing phase opened, so every contest level we've had on this board (except the tag team one due to the multiple authors rule) is eligible.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 03:44:05 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2015, 03:49:50 PM »
Clam's, Rubix's, and the lemforum pack were most active in 2012 and 2013. Clam has released updates for his Lix, pack, but I haven't looked at those updates yet.

The quality of the Lix level packs is massively ahead of the quality of the core game. Clam has updated his pack, NaOH has released her forest tileset. The C++/A4 game got framestepping, and the D port looks as if it's got about half the features from singleplayer done. Despite being a massive technical jump forward, this hasn't yet produced shiny releases. It's reasonable if the cultural output has been way less in 2015 than usual.

-- Simon

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2015, 04:55:54 PM »
Hmm... that is true. Almost all the recent content has been for NeoLemmix.

By the way - since we're allowing previous contest entries to be entered into this, all first place winners are also going to get automatically nominated. :) So no need to nominate those. Second-place and other entries still need to be actually nominated in order to take part.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2015, 02:37:26 PM »
Just a reminder that nominations close in just under 36 hours. Keep them coming! :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2015, 02:47:24 AM »
Entries have closed. I haven't been on a PC in the last couple of days, but once I am I'll update the list with any last minute nominations and start the playing phase. :)
My Lemmings projects