Author Topic: Looking for an original release of Lemmings for IBM PC  (Read 2365 times)

Offline comradesean

• View Profile
Looking for an original release of Lemmings for IBM PC
« on: November 03, 2015, 06:55:14 AM »
I need to get my hands on an original May 1991 release of Lemmings. I have more copies than I care to admit of the July release and I'm looking for any information regarding box shots, box contents and the color and appearance of the disk's labels of the May release. I would prefer to purchase this right out, but I would be fine with paying just for the chance to digitally preserve this version with my Kryoflux device.

I have a disk image of this release and can provide a file list w/ time stamps and file sizes if anyone needs those details. The disk image is useless for my preservation purposes, but it's still useful to track this version down.

*if you have an old copy and a drive to read it, please write protect the floppy before doing anything by either covering the notch on the 5.25'' disks or making the notch see-through on the 3.5'' disks.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: Looking for an original release of Lemmings for IBM PC
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 09:55:04 PM »
To be honest I don't know how many people here are even aware that there is a May release that is apparently notably different in some ways from the July one.  Good luck with your search!

I would actually be interested to have an upload of the actual disk image you have rather than just timestamps and file sizes, for the purpose of comparing for any interesting changes in the files (and thus potentially the game) between this May release and later releases.  It's quite possible there are no differences there but at least it's interesting to confirm.