Author Topic: The official Lemmings plush has landed!  (Read 3686 times)

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
The official Lemmings plush has landed!
« on: October 21, 2015, 12:25:33 PM »
Hello! Sorry I haven't been here for a while. Unfortunately I've lost interest in video games in general and therefore no longer have anything useful to contribute, but I thought that I'd better drop in so that I could post this, because today I took delivery of the long-awaited official Lemmings plush. :D I ordered the plush from Gamerabilia earlier in the year, and after numerous delays on the manufacturer's end, he's finally here! It's now possible to order one and have it shipped right away, which is a plus for anyone who chose to wait and see how they turned out.

I decided to name this little guy Walker, after the standard definition shown when mousing over a lemming who has no skills applied to them.

He's up to the usual high quality standards of his manufacturer, Gaya Entertainment, and I have very few quibbles. In fact, the only two I can name, which I'll get out of the way before moving on to the positives, are that the edge of the shirt collar is left unfinished (but it's a non-fraying fabric, so this is just a personal opinion on how it was done, really), and that the neck is a bit floppy due to how large and heavy his head is (and even so, this gives him a cute quizzical expression, anyway). This latter point also means that he can't stand on his own unless there's something to prop him up with.

These plushes are modelled after the PSP/PS Vita Lemmings games, and the details are captured nicely, even down to the unusual hairstyle and the little tufts of hair sticking up at the back. The PSP/PS Vita-style Lemmings also have legs, unlike the earlier non-Sony Lemmings designs, and the plush reflects that. The fabric choices are nice and are appropriate - the clothing and eyes aren't fluffy, and the skin plush has a shorter pile than the hair plush, which is a nice touch. The eye details are embroidered, and this has been done nicely as well.

The packaging is minimal but nice - it's a single cardboard sheet with retro Lemmings graphics all over it, along with the relevant copyright, licensing, and address information on the back. It matches the theme of all of the other current merchandise. The plush is attached to the packaging by means of three plastic tags - one on the back of the head, and one on the front of each foot - which were very easy to remove.

The official Lemmings plush stands at around 8" tall, so he fits right in with the plush lemmings that I used to make (who ranged between 9" and 10" tall), which I'm really happy about! :D The feet have hard panels in their bottoms which allows the plush to stand as long as there is something to lean him against, as noted above.

Unlike last year's Bubble Bobble plushes from the same manufacturer, they didn't put the sound module in the arse this time. Instead, it's in the lemming's tummy. Squeezing it causes it to play numerous different sounds. Unfortunately, none of these include the iconic "Let's go!" and "Oh no!" from the original Amiga game, as they're all sound effects from the PSP and PS Vita games, but to make up for this, there are no less than eleven of them! The different clips are as follows;

"Let's go!"
"Hey-hey!"
"Hello!"
"Oh no!"
"Bye-bye!"
"Whee!"
"Geronimo!"
"Yippee!"
"Yeah!"
"Hooray!"
"Thankyou!"

This is the order that they're played in if you squeeze the lemming repeatedly.

To round this out, here are a few more pictures;

Walker, shown with Lemming, who my grandmother knitted for me when I was a youngster, and Darwin, the first of my self-made Lemmings plushes.

Front view.

Back view.

Right view.

Left view.

Thanks for reading, everybody - I hope that this information and the photographs are useful. :)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: The official Lemmings plush has landed!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 05:12:38 AM »
Thanks for the heads up on these plushes being released to the public finally :thumbsup:

I've just ordered one myself along with the heat change mug and magnets.

£17.99 is pretty good for a talking plush in my opinion, there are plushes on that site which are the same price or more expensive and don't even talk.