Author Topic: Thoughts on tilesets (Any tileset, original, oh no, plus, lix, cheapo, & more)  (Read 2025 times)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
I want to share my thoughts about these tilesets (lemmings plus) with my experiences with editing with them and play with them
Feel free to discuss your thoughts with any tileset you like
Tree - This is an alright tileset, it feels nice and it could make for some rather good levels
my only complaints is that it feels limited, because i feel that certain options are missing, it could be me but still, also I have trouble thinking of good level designs too
Purple - A unique idea, a little weird, but its fun in that regard, kinda like a distant planet (Im tempted to make a level called Lemtroid Prime using said tileset)
My complaints are are is that i have trouble with rough pieced tilesets but at least its not all rough pieced (more on that way below)
Psychedelic - I think Rave is a better name for this set, but i do like this tileset it is really fun, its like a party and user friendly to edit with
my complaints, i feel that some pieces are missing from this like for example the lack of these steel terrain pieces (14x24 & 24 x14)
Metal - My favorite tileset from plus II, nice, clean, organized, and awesome to make ideas with expect to see metal levels in Resident GigaLems 2
I don't really have complaints but only nit picks, like it could use more traps, because again it feel limited in the objects area, and the locked exit switch trigger area, IS FRIGGIN PICKY, i hate picky trigger areas IMO
Desert - I do like this tileset, but i think it could use a night time palette (Like the lix dessert tileset) again, fun to make ideas with
My complaints the lack of a proper pass through slope terrain piece, hell if want to have this set double as a beach tileset (Even thought we already have that) add beach like pieces like umbrellas
Sky - gonna be honest here I LOATHE MAKING LEVELS WITH THIS SET, i like playing levels with it but editing with it is a god forsaken nightmare, it is not fun at all, see why i struggle making levels with the dirt and rock tilesets, you may see levels with this set in Resident GigaLems 2, but still i hate this tileset in term of editing, im really sorry but i do
Lab - an okay tileset, but it is very limited, it feels lacking in so many territories, i've had trouble making levels with it in Resident GigaLems (and it'll show) again, it needs more diverse pieces
Circuit - This is a fun tileset despite being very limited, i do think it could use more lights and mother board terrain pieces, again it is a nice tileset
Martain - This tileset grew on me, i like making levels with it now, and i think feels right for another project, Valentines GigaLems
but i think there could be more terrain pieces more of the slope kind
Horror - this tileset is well put together makes for some great and haunting atmosphere, my only complaint, there could be more lab pieces (more chains, slopes, thinner pieces etc.)
Candy - This is a good tileset, nice to see and exsisting concept in 2d (Lemmings 3D had candy levels, i'd like to see if more themed levels from L3d becomes great sets for LPV if that happens) but again it could use more pieces (Waffer bars, diagonal lolipops, peanut butter cups you name it)
Space - Im gonna have a field day editing with this one for Resident GigaLems 2 (along with the l2 space set) this is a cool set there are more ideas here and there but in other words this one rocks, BTW thank you for making a teleporter sound like a teleporter
Clockwork - Rather nice looking tileset, nicely put together, its got a steam punk feel to it, well in a way, but the golden fence like pieces, there should've been more like it
Wasteland - And last we have MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE TILESET EVER, im not kidding i love this tileset, i almost have no complaints with it, its a blast to edit with, and i've made some of my favorite levels with it, but it does need singular slope versions of Fence-like pieces, other than that, this is a Excellent tileset, the best IMO.