Author Topic: Lemmings Forums Level Design Contest #7  (Read 4834 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Lemmings Forums Level Design Contest #7
« on: September 10, 2015, 08:26:03 PM »
Please see the general contest rules here.

Contest #7

For this contest, your goal is to make a level that has at least four exits. For an exit to count towards this requirement, it must be possible to save at least one lemming with (but this can be on seperate attempts; it doesn't have to be possible to reach all of them in a single play).

Initial Submission Deadline: 25th September 2015 (subject to general rule 4b)

The prizes available for this contest are:
- US$5.00 ($7.50 if at least 7 entries)
- One month's advertising on the forum's news ticker (month and a half if at least 7 entries)
- Your choice for the next contest's rules

Entries received so far: 4
bsmith
Crane
GigaLem
IchoTolot
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 01:28:15 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Forums Level Design Contest #7
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 04:58:00 AM »
So, for the first time in a while I've decided to enter a level of my own in this one! :)

On that note, for the avoidance of doubt...
General rule 7e. If the user hosting the contest wins, they do not get a prize. The prize is only passed on to the next place if there is only a single prize available (due, most likely, to only three levels being entered).

This simply means that if I win, I don't get a prize (which kinda makes sense; why would I bother sending myself $5 or something? xD). My entry still counts towards the "at least 7 entries" that increases some of the prizes. :)

EDIT: No, I'm going to have to withdraw my level. Backroute prevention on it requires the new ghost behaviour in NeoLemmix V1.35n-D, which is probably not going to be released before the entries close. Though if I have time, I might make another one (probably without ghosts).
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 01:29:17 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 04:54:01 PM »
There's still a few days to get your entries in. :) Keep 'em coming!

Remember, the solution to the level doesn't have to use all 4 (or more) exits. There just has to be at least 4 exits present (and every exit must be possible to rescue at least 1 lemming with, though this doesn't have to be at the same time). It's up to you whether you want to do a creative solution that uses every exit; or use 3 of them as decoys; or provide 4 possible alternative solutions; or some mixture of the above... or anything else you can think of! :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline multiplex

• View Profile
    • Multiplex Games
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 07:22:14 PM »
Err...how do you exactly make a level ??? I mean I'm confused about all the different Lemmings mods, unsure what or which to use, etc.. from where (or which forum entry) should I start to get into this business ?

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2015, 07:25:09 PM »
This topic might get you started: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=1618.0

Popular options nowadays are Lix and NeoLemmix.

Offline multiplex

• View Profile
    • Multiplex Games
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 08:24:29 AM »
Thanks. I'll check it.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 06:17:09 AM »
If anyone else wanted to get an entry in, there's about 18 hours left to do so. Keep in mind that you get a chance to fix it up, so if you get the initial idea made now, you will have some time later to fix up backroutes, etc.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 01:12:32 AM »
Entries are now closed. I'll put the playing phase topic up within the next few hours. :)
My Lemmings projects