Author Topic: Xmas cLemmings  (Read 3157 times)

Offline Ghia

• View Profile
Xmas cLemmings
« on: August 26, 2015, 02:48:13 PM »
Hi all,
I have to resort to the forum again, as I can't solve the level Hail 14 "No Rendezvous For You". I'm usually depending on namida's replays when I get stuck (thank you !), but this level is missing from the replay file for some reason.
In the more recent players, I see a tendency to something like "experts making levels for experts". I do understand that most of you on this forum belong to that category, so it is not meant as a critiscism...but I usually throw in the towel towards the end of the next to last difficulty level. The more "normal" play-for-fun players (like me) necessarily lose out on a lot of levels. But I have to play to improve, right ? ;-)

Edit : Solved the level, also found namida's comments on why it wasn't included in the replay file....
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 07:28:15 PM by Ghia »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Xmas cLemmings
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 03:37:10 AM »
Out of interest, have you watched any videos on youtube of people solving levels (not simply the ones that show the solution, but the ones that actually show failed attempts and maybe commentary on the player's thoughts too)? You might get some interesting ideas about how people think about solving levels from them. Aside from my own videos, Roundthewheel also did this style in the past (but hasn't done a Lemmings video in a long time now).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Ghia

• View Profile
Re: Xmas cLemmings
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 08:18:09 PM »
Yes, I've watched many of those, and see that often the player tries the same (faulty) approaches as I do.

I found Xmas cLemmings a bit weird...the highest difficulty rank was better than the one below. And no block bombers ! I actually got through the 16 Blitz levels. Yay :-)