Author Topic: "Can I make a topic about my project?"  (Read 12657 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
"Can I make a topic about my project?"
« on: August 03, 2015, 02:14:13 AM »
It seems that almost every time someone posts a new project here, unless it's actually called something with "Lemmings" in the title and/or by long-time members of the forum, there's inevitably a "Sorry if I'm not allowed to post this" at the end of their post.

So, I'd just like to clear up what exactly is or isn't okay to post here:

1. A Lemmings level pack - Yes, but not here. It'd be pretty silly if you couldn't post about those; but post them in the Level Packs board instead.
2. A new Lemmings engine - Yes! Also, once it gets fairly advanced, you can even ask for a dedicated board for these.
3. A Lemmings-related tool - Definitely! A Lemmings related project doesn't have to be something you can play; it could be a level editor, a Lemmings-related website, etc, too. However, do consider whether it might better fit into the Lix, NeoLemmix or SuperLemmini boards in these cases.
4. A Lemmings-like game - Yes! Even if it's not completely Lemmings like, if you feel it's somewhat related, go ahead!
5. A game that's not Lemmings-like - Probably not. However, you're welcome to post about such projects in the Non-Lemmings Gaming board.
6. A game that you're not sure if it counts as Lemmings-like - Possibly. We can always move it to the Non-Lemmings Gaming board if need be;  we're not the kind of forum that's going to ban you over something this trivial.

"What if the game isn't free?"
That's fine! Obviously, if you're spamming about it in every topic, then that's a different matter, but making one topic about it, posting about updates in that topic, etc, is completely acceptable.

"I'm still not sure..."
If you're just making one topic about it, the absolute worst thing that could happen is we delete your topic - we most certianly are not going to ban you for it. If you'd really like to be sure in advance, ask an Administrator or Global Moderator; but this generally shouldn't be nessecary.

Hope that clears things up.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 09:10:19 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline 607

• View Profile
Re: "Can I make a topic about my project?"
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 07:39:33 PM »
Oh wow, so friendly <3

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: "Can I make a topic about my project?"
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 05:45:18 AM »
That comment was off-topic! BANHAMMER! :P
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)