Author Topic: Official Lemmings Forums Level Design Contest #6  (Read 4618 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Official Lemmings Forums Level Design Contest #6
« on: July 20, 2015, 02:33:32 AM »
General Contest Rules
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Contest #6

For this contest, your goal is to design a level that does not provide any constructive skills. Constructive skills include:
- Builder
- Platformer (Lix / NeoLemmix)
- Stacker (NeoLemmix)
- Stoner (NeoLemmix)
- Cuber (Lix)

(I'm not overly familiar with the Lix skills, so if I've missed one, let me know.)

"Workaround" methods of providing those skills are also forbidden (such as, for example, making a NeoLemmix level that uses the Instant Pickup Skills gimmick and has builder pickup skills in the level).

For the avoidance of doubt, using non-traditional skills that aren't constructive (such as Walker in Lix / NeoLemmix) is allowed.

Allowed engines: Lemmix, NeoLemmix, Lemmini, SuperLemmini, Lix

Engine-Specific Rules:
NeoLemmix: The Slowfreeze object counts as a "workaround" method, and may not be used.

Timeframe: Entries close 8th August 2015 9th August 2015 at 11:27 PM, subject to general rule #10.
The update deadline will be announced when the playing phase begins, but will be at least 10 days from the start of the playing phase.

The prizes available for this contest are:
- US $10 $12.50
- One month's One and a half month's advertising in the forum's news ticker for a project you are involved in, whether lemmings-related or not, and whether free or not
- Early access to the Ghosts gimmick in NeoLemmix <May be chosen by both winners>
- Your choice for the next contest's rules (within reason)

Entries received: 8
bsmith
Crane
DynaLem
Geoffster
geoo
IchoTolot
mobius
Nepster
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 02:39:15 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Official Lemmings Forums Level Design Contest #6
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 02:37:10 AM »
I'm also going to offer a slight bonus for if a Lix level wins the contest, due to that Lix entries so far have often not fared very well, and many have been the type that have a novel concept but don't end up being overly great levels beyond that. For first place only, if a Lix level achieves it, the winner will get the "7+ entries" prize regardless of the number of entries.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 02:52:26 AM »
To cover all eventualities, would a "may not contain any tools that produce terrain (e.g. Builder, Stoner etc.)" work?

*wants to vote for "A Break In The Bridge" as his favourite Builder-less level!*

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 02:54:05 AM »
Same thing, different wording. :P
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 07:33:54 AM »
Still about a week and a half left to submit your entries to this one! :)

5 entries so far (plus one attempted entry that was rejected because it used Stoners; no idea if the person intends to modify the level (or submit a different one) still).
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 11:49:08 AM »
Just over three days to get entries in (if the deadline doesn't get extended). Six entries so far, but more are always welcome! :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 06:28:30 AM »
Deadline has been extended due to new submissions. The deadline is now 9th of August at 11:27 PM. We've also reached 8 entries now.
My Lemmings projects