Author Topic: Loading a state ?  (Read 3378 times)

Offline Ghia

• View Profile
Loading a state ?
« on: June 18, 2015, 02:31:06 PM »
I've saved a state of my game, it is a .sav file. But I'm having trouble loading it, could someone explain ? I've tried backspace on every screen, but no go....

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Loading a state ?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 02:33:04 PM »
The SAV file isn't actually a save state - that could be compared more to a saved game. It contains info on your settings, and which levels you've beaten, so that it'll remember next time you load. It also saves the highest number of lemmings you've saved, fastest completion time, and highest score achieved for each level - you can view these by pressing R (I think) on a level's preview screen.

The save state feature only works while playing a level. Press Enter, then later press backspace during the level, and it goes back to that point. Once you exit the level, the save state is cleared. If you want something that carries over, you might want to use replays - press U during gameplay (or on the post-level screen) to save a replay file, then you can press L while playing that level to load the replay. This won't take you back instantly to a specific point, but will repeat every action; you can interrupt it at any point by performing an action (or if you just want to interrupt without specifically doing anything, click in midair).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Ghia

• View Profile
Re: Loading a state ?
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 03:29:49 PM »
Ah...my misunderstanding, I thought it was possible to load a game that is "saved" at a certain point, exit the game and then reload & play from that point on.
I tried again using the U option/replay, which works just fine :-)
Tnx again for super fast response, namida !