Author Topic: Plus I medi 27  (Read 8066 times)

Offline Ghia

• View Profile
Plus I medi 27
« on: June 14, 2015, 06:44:22 PM »
Hi all lemmingers :-)

Played Lemmings back in the 90's...lately I've taken it up again. And found that it is just as addictive now as it was back then.. !
I'm on Plus I, medi 27 : Take a dive. Looking at the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrzT7fft__U&list=PLKR1N9oJTTlIBmo6c6Nh9Iab1ByjONWlM&index=87, the player has 5 floaters. In my game, there are none. I have 3 climbers, 1 bomber, 2 blockers and 1 basher. Could someone please verify what is correct ? Right off the bat, I can't see a solution without a couple of floaters.. :sick:

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Plus I medi 27
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 08:01:35 PM »
In an update namida could have changed the skills..., but beat it again without floaters ;):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Replay also attached!

Offline Ghia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 09:43:45 PM »
Thanks for reply  :-) But how do I open that attachment ? The file format is new to me. I would very much like to see how you did that...I come up one lemming short.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 09:56:03 PM »
Copy it in a folder you can find it. It's the format used for replays in NeoLemmix. You can save a replay of a level by pressing "u" in a level. The replay up to that point will be saved in a standard Replay folder.
You can load replays by pressing "L" in the level you want to see a replay of and than browse to the replay file of that level you want to see.:)

I recommand you read the shortcuts for NeoLemmix: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=1921.0

You will find lots of useful features, which WILL make your live easier!!!!!

Offline Ghia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2015, 10:27:30 PM »
Ah....got it...clever ! So that's how replays work...
Also got the trick of not losing two over the edge. Now, why didn't I think of that ?
Thanx a'million from a NeoLemmix newbie :-)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 11:01:29 PM »
No problem! :) Feel free to ask for further help if more questions appear.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 04:19:37 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Ghia! I'm the creator of Lemmings Plus I, so let me give definitive answers to your questions. :)

Yes, in an update the floaters were removed. This is because otherwise, there was a major backroute* which involved simply floating down and building underneath the landing spot.

Although the solution IchoTolot mentioned definitely works, the intended solution is actually to send a couple of climbers to the left, bash underneath the starting area, then build across the water. You can see it in my own video here:
https://youtu.be/ADFGfkhvvek?t=13m47s

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying my level pack, anyway! :D

* If you're not familiar with the term "backroute", we use it to refer to an unintented solution to a level that's easier than the level is meant to be.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Ghia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 09:41:51 AM »
Tnx, Namida :-) Yep, I'm definitely enjoying your levelpacks. I've finished all the official "old" ones and found the Plus series while (desperately) searching for more...don't like Revolution, 3D and all that.

Geez...that really was a simple solution for medi 27... I don't think i ever even looked at the area behind the rock...hehe. Also, thanks to Icho Tolot, I discovered more hotkeys. Very handy.

Must say I was pleasantly surprised to get these quick responses on an 'old game' board...cudos !

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 10:32:33 AM »
I may be an "old game" board, but here are still many busy bees working on better players like NeoLemmix or Lix and more levelpacks. ;)

You will find tons of levelpack content here like the other Lemmings Plus entrys. I am currently working on the port for my own level pack (Lemmings Reunion) from Lemmini to NeoLemmix.
You could even make your own levels with the NeoLemmix editor if you want. Give it a try! :)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 11:22:08 AM »
I can't say too much about Lemmings Reunion at this point - it definitely shows a LOT of promise, but the current version of it is on Lemmini which I'm personally not a huge fan of. I'm very much looking forward to playing it once the NeoLemmix version is out! :)

Aside from my own packs (the Lemmings Plus series, and Doomsday Lemmings), I'd also highly recommend GeoffLems, GigaLems, and the cLemmings series (especially "Oh No! More cLemmings!" and "cLemmings Ultimate Edition"). :) It should be noted that those recommendations (except for GigaLems) are based on traditional Lemmix, not NeoLemmix, so the game mechanics will differ slightly from NeoLemmix (but on the other hand, they're practically identical to DOS Lemmings).

One final recommendation, if you haven't already played it (or rather, the levels in it), would be the "Extra Levels" Lemmix player. This contains all known official levels that come from alternate versions of the games that replicate the style of Original Lemmings, but weren't released in a DOS format. The majority of these come from the Genesis version of Original Lemmings, but there's a few from other places as well, such as special Amiga editions, a few levels found in demos that didn't make it into the full games, etc. There's also some remade versions of levels from platforms that don't so closely mimic DOS - in particular, PSP and Sega Master System. You can get the Extra Levels player here: Traditional Lemmix version (more authentic) | NeoLemmix version
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Ghia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2015, 04:44:49 PM »
I'm starting to understand that there still is a Lemmings community out there, plugging away at better players and more levels. Fantastic :-) This is such a nice change from Skyrim (too few good mods). I believe I have content now that will last me quite a while. I'll surely be checking in here, there are bound to be questions  and/or problems along the lemming track.
And your YT videos are a godsend, Icho Tolot...they are my go-to's when I'm in trouble...   

Offline Ghia

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2015, 06:57:54 PM »
Btw...found another level that differs, Danger 3. The metal plate on the middle column now covers the whole breadth.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2015, 02:06:15 AM »
Just for reference - if you wanted to skip levels for now, but not look up how to solve them (so that you can come back and try them later), you can do so by entering this code:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Once you do this, you can:
- access any level by typing it's rank and level number as a code, eg: DANGER04 (or you can use the rank numbers, eg: 0404)
- move between levels by pressing Left or Right on the preview screen
- instantly "complete" a level by pressing 1 while playing it

You can do these things even without the code, but if you haven't entered the cheat code, you can only use them to get to levels you've already reached before.
My Lemmings projects