Author Topic: Plans for V1.35n  (Read 11759 times)

Offline Crane

• View Profile
Re: Plans for V1.35n (or maybe V2.00n)
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2015, 01:34:16 PM »
My only minor request, if not in the program then a help file, is an explanation of the gimmicks for those who aren't familiar with them.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Plans for V1.35n (or maybe V2.00n)
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2015, 01:37:56 PM »
I think I have described them somewhere before, but in all honesty, I should probably describe all of them in the editor help topic, similar to how I've done with the new object types. Currently I've only described the ones that need extra effort (beyond just turning them on) to set them up. I'll do that now; check the topic in about 10 minutes or so. :)

EDIT: Done. :)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 02:22:25 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Plans for V1.35n
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2015, 03:33:16 PM »
So, let's keep this topic just about V1.35n for now - I'll make another one for V2.00n once V1.35n is out.

I've got a handful of new gimmicks for it. Among them:

- Fall Fatality Inversion - Fatal falls become nonfatal, and vice versa. Floaters/Gliders still survive anything if they can pull their parachute/glider out before hitting the ground, and (anti)splat pads still work as normal.
- Instant Pickup Skills - If a lemming that grabs a pickup skill can perform that skill right away, it does so. (If not, the skill is added to your available skills as usual.)
- Clone on Assign - A lemming that's assigned a skill (with some exceptions) is also cloned (with the clone also performing that skill).
- Zombie on Death - An addon to the Zombie gimmick (it won't work on its own), this causes any lemmings that are killed to become zombies. Any zombies that are killed die as normal.

EDIT: Another one, which was sent to me as a suggestion; "Permanent Blockers". With this gimmick, if the terrain under a blocker is removed, once he finishes falling he becomes a blocker again upon landing (and if he falls into water, he'll drown, even if he's a swimmer - though I might change this so that it simply reverts him to a normal lemming). Although the suggestion also said that they should be prevented from being assigned walkers (but not bombers or stoners), I'm not sure if I want to include that.

Also - for the Flexi Toolkit, I'm putting together a more user-friendly (and not-full-of-now-irrelevant-options) tool than QuikPack for quickly packing levels into DAT files. :) Since of course it'll be based on the (Neo)Lemmix DAT code instead of the LemSet/LemMain DAT code, this means the DAT files it generates will also be much more efficiently compressed.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 03:50:28 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
Re: Plans for V1.35n
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2015, 06:58:38 PM »
More music from other ports ;)