Author Topic: Graphic set editor (V1.01 Update released)  (Read 19865 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Graphic set editor (V0.98 Update released)
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2015, 03:22:25 PM »
I haven't improved the custom sound manager yet, but apart from that all the features are done, so I released the update. Since you can load Cheapo styles directly now, I removed the option to load the extracted ones. Also supports new NeoLemmix V1.32n features.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Graphic set editor (V0.98 Update released)
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2015, 04:25:25 PM »
Known bugs:

> When exporting to INI/PNG (whether LemSet-compatible or Full), the preview and key frames aren't saved. This will be fixed in the next update.
  (Just for record, they save perfectly fine to actual graphic set files.)
> If the frame count box in the Import Strip dialog is empty at any point, an error message pops up. Will also be fixed in the next update.

EDIT: Update fixing these bugs has been released. Labelled it V0.99; I'll name it V1.00 once I improve the handling of custom sound effects.
Just as a heads-up, this will probably be the last version that retains the code for importing Cheapo styles from XML / PNG files (the "extracted" Cheapo styles) - although it's no longer accessible as an option, it still exists in the source code currently; but I'll most likely remove that in the next update (I tend to always leave redundant code in for a few versions, just in case the new code horribly fails somewhere I didn't see and I need to temporarily revert).
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 05:37:35 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Graphic set editor (V0.99 Update released (Bugfixes only))
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2015, 06:47:16 PM »
New version uploaded. All this does is add the Single-Use Trap object type (introduced in Lemmings Plus IV).
EDIT: Reuploaded (it was too soon after the last update to consider this another new version), with a fix for some transparency bugs in GIF images, particularly those in unofficial Lemmini graphic sets.

(DropBox)
(NeoLemmix Website)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 09:33:09 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Graphic set editor (V1.01 Update released)
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2015, 09:22:40 PM »
V1.01 update is here. This removes two obsolete Export options:

- LemSet-Compatible INI/PNG
Removed since there's no need for LemSet anymore. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure why I added this option in the first place. Just to be clear, you can still export to INI / PNG collections, but there's no longer an option to make the output LemSet-compatible. (And yes, you can still import LemSet-style INI / PNG collections.)

- GROUND / VGAGR Files
Removed because these formats are long-since deprecated for NeoLemmix, and particularly with converted Cheapo / Lemmini graphic sets, can cause issues when a level designed with the graphic sets in this format is played using a NeoLemmix-format version of the graphic set. You can still import them, but please don't import Cheapo styles from this format to convert them to the NeoLemmix format - import them from the original Cheapo-format STY file instead.

The other two export options (SuperLemmini and Full INI/PNG) are still there, since these remain useful.
My Lemmings projects

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2015, 05:54:08 PM »
One suggestion:

Would it be possible for an additional general tileset option (as the particle/map/builder colors) to support a backgroud in a different color as black?

So black would be the standard option, but you could choose another (single) background color mixed together via parameters like the particles/bridges/map colors.
Some of the tilsets require a different background (Shadow for example) to display the tiles clearly.
Now there is the alternaive in creating a giant single colored png in the required color, but this has some drawbacks:
- Filesize of the tilesets drastically increased
- Actual level loading times a lot slower especially on slower PC's (Simon ;))
- Giant objects in the editor
- Actually 2 background tiles needed (horizontal + vertical levels     one that covers both is too big to handle)

I also have some ready to go tilesets which would look a lot nicer with different backgrounds (not needed because of black tiles/objects; only visual optimasation), but I decided not to implement them due to keeping filesize and loading time as low as possible.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2015, 05:07:44 AM »
In terms of covering the whole level - you can use multiple objects. This should load a lot faster too. Make one 320x160 (one screen) in size, and place multiples of it as needed. :)

Currently, there's no support in NeoLemmix for the graphic set to specify a background color - this can only be done by the user via a code when Cheat Mode is enabled. But I'll see what can be done, probably not for V1.35n-C though (but V2.00n).
My Lemmings projects