Poll

Vote for one level.

DynaLem / IchoTolot - "T=0K"
3 (75%)
IchoTolot / mobius - "Deserted Cities of the Heart"
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: April 07, 2015, 10:32:16 AM

Author Topic: Official Lemmings Forums Level Design Contest #3 (Voting)  (Read 2843 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Official Lemmings Forums Level Design Contest #3 (Voting)
« on: April 01, 2015, 05:51:59 AM »
WARNING: Absolutely NO discussion of the contest levels is allowed ANYWHERE on the forums (except in private messages) from this point until voting has finished.

Okay, you've had some time to play the levels, time to vote for your favorites!

Remember, there is no specific criteria you're being asked to consider. It's just which level(s) you liked the most, no matter what the reasons for that may be.

As a reminder, the prizes available to the winners are - between the two creators of a level, it's just a matter of "first in, first served":
a) US$10, which may be received via PayPal or Bitcoin (or another significant cryptocurrency, such as Litecoin or Dogecoin), or alternatively used directly for a purchase up to that value from a reputable website - they must accept either PayPal or Bitcoin (or directly accept credit/debit cards, if they're a very well-known and reputable site). This includes that it can be an online donation to a charity.
b) A new object type added to NeoLemmix; this is only as far as supporting it in the code, and there is no guarantee I'll create (or add to) any graphic set including it.
c) A new gimmick added to NeoLemmix.
d) Their choice of rules for the next official contest (within reason).

The structure of the voting is:
Round 1 - All three levels are entered, each user gets two votes, the winning two levels proceed to the next round. Voting lasts 3 days.
Round 2 - The two winners from the first round are entered, each user gets one vote, this determines the winners. Voting lasts 3 days.

Just to be clear, in the first round, you do not have to vote for two levels if you don't want to. It is perfectly permissible to only vote for one.

In the case of a tie in the second round, the first round's results are used as a tiebreaker. In all other cases, I'll determine how to handle them if and when they happen.

Please note - your vote CANNOT be revoked, so take care! This is to avoid any suspicion that I may be removing votes for levels that I don't want to see win, etc. Think (and double-check what you've clicked) before you vote.

Winners will be contacted via private message in addition to results being announced in a new topic.

And once again, please note that strictly NO discussion of the contest levels is allowed ANYWHERE on the boards until voting is finished, apart from via private message - even this, don't abuse it (this is mostly allowed so, for example, people can ask the creator of a level if their solution is a backroute, etc).

If you don't have a copy of the levels yet, you can get them here:
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 10:35:09 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Official Lemmings Forums Level Design Contest #3 (Voting)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 10:33:18 AM »
Alright, voting for the first round has finished. Sorry "The Sweltering Warehouse", but you're out of the contest! So, at this point IchoTolot is guaranteed a prize, but will the other prize go to DynaLem or mobius...? Let's find out!
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)