Author Topic: Level Review - Copycat Lemmings  (Read 7840 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Level Review - Copycat Lemmings
« on: March 04, 2015, 04:09:33 PM »
The Cheapo conversion tool is on its way, and with that, tons of levels and styles will be converted to accommodate with Lemmix/NeoLemmix (and Lemmini/SuperLemmini, so mobius can add the special levels to the SuperLemmini version of Revenge of the Lemmings).

The first place that namida started was Essman's first game, Copycat Lemmings. It took a lot of work to convert the Copycat version of the Lemmings styles, but it all payed off, and the graphics now run smoothly.

The game overall is challenging and not recommended for beginners, since the levels quickly rise in difficulty, even in the Fun rank.

Download (Requires a version of NeoLemmix between V1.37n and V1.43n-F inclusive)

Since I do not have the images (can't dump them from the player, none of them uploaded to a website, etc.), you will just have to put down the level stats.

Fun 1 - Just bash
10 Lemmings
50% (5) to be saved
Release rate 1
9 minutes
10 bashers

Good: A very simple way to begin the pack with just one skill.
Bad: I find the level to be awkward for a starter level when you have a small amount of lemmings, yet you can't let them fall to the left side. I find it annoying how some lemmings turn around the second tree before the basher even finishes. The save requirement I think is also quite high.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 04:47:56 PM by namida »
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Level Review - Copycat Lemmings
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 04:53:25 PM »
The mass-dump feature is disabled (mostly to avoid dumping the levels before all the other required stuff to handle them is there, like converted styles (or the convertor tool)), but saving images of single levels still works. Just press I on the preview screen.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 03:11:40 PM »
Fun 2- Turn around and dig

10 Lemmings
5 to be saved
RR 50
9 minutes
10 Blockers, 10 Diggers

Good: Another tutorial level that uses two skills in one level. I also like that you need to dig in the right spot as opposed to "Just Dig" where you can pretty much dig anywhere you want without the lemmings splatting.

Bad: I feel bad for not being able to save 100% in this level, thought it may be possible.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Frakkur

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 04:45:45 PM »
Hi

Just to let you know that the link isn't working.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 04:47:27 PM »
Fixed it. The Reviews games have been inactive for a very long time, so chances are a lot of their links are broken.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)