Author Topic: Player V1.28n, Editor V1.28n-A Released  (Read 4479 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Player V1.28n, Editor V1.28n-A Released
« on: January 18, 2015, 12:00:41 AM »
These updates fix many things with the Zombie gimmick (which were also fixed in V1.27n-C, but this version was only used in the first release of Doomsday Lemmings), as well as a few other minor issues, and add much extra info to the replay file which will be useful for use with the Replay Database. Note that replays from older versions of NeoLemmix will work on V1.28n, but replays from V1.28n won't work on older versions.

NeoLemmix Player V1.28n
V1.28n
------
* Some extra information is stored in replays, to facilitate use with the
  Replay Database.
* Zombies can no longer infect lemmings when the "Invincible" gimmick is in play.
* Cust and Flexi now include the "Horror" style from Doomsday Lemmings.
* Fixed the bug where if you play a level without an author specified, after playing
  one with one, the second level will display the first level's author.

V1.27n-C *only used in the Doomsday Lemmings first release*
--------
* Zombies can no longer press exit buttons, trigger a secret level trigger, or pick
  up pickup skills.
* Zombies no longer count as "saved" when killed in a Karoshi level.
* Zombies are no longer included in the "lemmings out" counter.
* A level will now exit just as it would if all lemmings were dead / saved, if all
  remaining lemmings are zombies.
* Zombies are no longer affected by the nuke.
* A sound is played when a locked exit is opened.
* Added an option to mostly use the old Zombie behaviour (from V1.27n-B and earlier). When
  set, zombies will still count towards the goal in Karoshi levels, and they can activate
  unlock buttons and pickup skills (but still not secret level triggers or exits). Also,
  the level won't exit when only zombies remain if it's a Karoshi level. To activate this,
  use the (Gim27) option.
* Added options for Rising Water, Clock Gimmick, Zombies and Old Zombies to the configuration
  menu. These aren't very useful on their own though, as the level needs to be specifically
  set up to use them.
* Fixed the bug where pre-placed zombie lemmings would be rendered as normal lemmings
  on the preview screen (and in images saved from the preview screen).
* Fixed the bug where zombies would graphically revert to regular lemmings when using
  a teleporter or dying in a triggered trap.
* Fixed the bug where replays couldn't be saved on postview text screens in the same
  way they can on the regular postview screen or the "You found a secret level" screen.

The NeoLemmix Editor update is a minor update, which mostly just adds the Doomsday Lemmings graphic set, and fixes a few very minor things.

NeoLemmix Editor
V1.28n-A
--------
*  Adds a new graphic set:
      VGAGR25 (Neo) :: "Horror" set (from Doomsday Lemmings)
*  "Classic Zombies" gimmick is labelled correctly instead
*  The hex codes for skillset and gimmick combinations are no
   longer displayed, since they can now be configured in the
   players without knowing these

Download links:

NeoLemmix Players:
- DropBox
- NeoLemmix Website (may be still uploading)

NeoLemmix Editor:
- DropBox
- NeoLemmix Website (may be still uploading)

Note that I haven't put up updated versions of any of my NeoLemmix-based level packs; this is because these will all be official updates. As such, they also need more in-depth testing before release, and possibly (though unlikely, except maybe in the case of Holiday Lemmings Plus) updates to the official replays. However, I have put up updated versions of the NeoLemmix versions of my Lemmix-based level packs (ie: LPDOS, LPII and LPII Bonus).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Player V1.28n, Editor V1.28n-A Released
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 12:44:15 AM »
I identified an issue with one piece of data stored in replay files; I've reuploaded all of these to sort this out. Specifically it related to the time taken to solve a level; previously it took the total time taken no matter what, but now it only counts the time up to when the last lemming was saved (or killed, in the case of a Karoshi level). This avoids "best time" contests becoming a matter of "how quickly can you hit escape after the last lemming exits".
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Player V1.28n, Editor V1.28n-A Released
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 02:48:30 PM »
Here's a V1.28n-B update. Well, sort of; it's only an update for one specific player, which is Cust.

V1.28n-B [update for NeoCustLemmix only]
--------
* NeoCustLemmix now has an option to load single level files; press F6 on the
  main menu then select a level file.

(Obviously, it must be a Lemmix or NeoLemmix LVL file. Encrypted LVL files will work fine.)

Download here:
DropBox
NeoLemmix Website
My Lemmings projects