Author Topic: [OLD] Editor Bugs / Suggestions  (Read 49221 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Editor Bugs / Suggestions
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2015, 07:20:25 PM »
On another note, for the "seconds" part of the timer, I can't seem to put a 0 in the tens place (for example, if I attempt to put 9 in the first box and 09 in the second box, the second box removes the 0 and becomes 9 (like 90 seconds)).

Just saw this. Although it will reduce it to a single digit number, it functions fine (ie; in your example, it'd give 9 seconds, not 90).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2015, 12:09:12 AM »
not sure if this is a bug or I'm just doing something wrong:  [I have latest version of editor]
Just realized there's a new version that fixed the index issue  :thumbsup:

sometimes the Flip, face left and other features don't work and sometimes they do. I select create a new level>neocustlemmix. Those check boxes are greyed out and I can't select them. I'll check to see if this happens in the latest version.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2015, 11:19:58 AM »
I've noticed this occasionally as well, though never seem to be able to reproduce it when trying to. Do you notice any patterns as to when it happens?

The relevant boxes should be grayed out whenever you're editing a level in a style that doesn't support those features. There's no case where all boxes will be active, as some new properties are NeoLemmix exclusive (such as S and L values), while others are SuperLemmini exclusive (like fake / invisible terrain).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2015, 03:32:47 AM »
The Crystal style glitch is back. It happens in the editor but not in the game.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2015, 04:50:57 AM »
Damn. I remember specifically having that on my list of things to test (due to the new one-way-wall handling), and I must've forgotten. Thanks.
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2015, 05:09:18 AM »
The Crystal style glitch is back. It happens in the editor but not in the game.
I does look cool though

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2015, 05:11:37 AM »
It may look cool, but it's not an accurate representation of how they will appear in game. I'll try to get a fixed version out within 24 hours, as that's quite major IMO.

EDIT: Found and fixed the cause of it already. Before I release the update, I'm going to look at the Lemmini glitch which is basically the reverse of this (pixels being treated as solid when they shouldn't be in some custom styles).

While I'm at it - has anyone encountered problems with the "classic delete" feature? I haven't myself (and I have been using the editor a bit recently), but since I often miss things, let me know ASAP if you have found any and I'll try to fix them at the same time.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 05:33:53 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2015, 04:51:51 PM »
It may look cool, but it's not an accurate representation of how they will appear in game. I'll try to get a fixed version out within 24 hours, as that's quite major IMO.

EDIT: Found and fixed the cause of it already. Before I release the update, I'm going to look at the Lemmini glitch which is basically the reverse of this (pixels being treated as solid when they shouldn't be in some custom styles).

While I'm at it - has anyone encountered problems with the "classic delete" feature? I haven't myself (and I have been using the editor a bit recently), but since I often miss things, let me know ASAP if you have found any and I'll try to fix them at the same time.

I have not noticed any problems with the delete;  but since you mentioned it; it seems that you can't select an item in the list anymore? [Or maybe you could never do this in NeoLemmix i don't remember]
Before; you click an item in the list and press spacebar this selects the thing in the editor. This is very handy when a piece of terrain is totally hidden [behind other pieces] and not easy to get to with the mouse.

EDIT: it seems like this happened only once to me, because just now it works fine ???
-------
Another important thing: the list doesn't seem to change or remove items when you close this also only happened once.

-----
a side note: I finally understand how the one way walls work. Very nice feature :thumbsup: [yeah I know it isn't that difficult--it took me way too long to figure that out]

------
EDIT:
there's some kind of graphical glitch with trigger areas in the editor. I don't think it effects gameplay at all so not very important; just thought I'd mention it. The pink areas gets brighter and dimmer when you move things around.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 06:22:00 PM by もびうす »
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2015, 10:15:09 PM »
Do you mean while you're dragging them, or after you drop them? If it's the latter, most likely that's just an optical illusion due to the different brightness of surrounding terrain/objects/etc and viewing angle. If it's while you're dragging and dropping them, minor graphical oddities during that seem to be inevitable. (For the best example, try dragging a steel area that's placed behind some terrain...) Anyway, if they cover the correct area, I wouldn't consider it a critical matter.
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2015, 03:02:35 PM »
I know someone may want to recreate the lemmings touch levels so for that suggest
Mischievous Lemmings the do exactly what they do in lemmings touch
for example like disable teleporters as apposed disabling rockets like in lemmings touch

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2015, 03:21:26 PM »
I don't have a PS Vita, so I don't really know how Lemmings Touch works (now if they'd release it on Android, or even on PS3 if it would be workable there...). Also; that'd be a Player suggestion, not an editor one. But to put it in short: Don't hold your breath for it.
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2015, 03:25:12 PM »
I don't have a PS Vita, so I don't really know how Lemmings Touch works (now if they'd release it on Android, or even on PS3 if it would be workable there...). Also; that'd be a Player suggestion, not an editor one. But to put it in short: Don't hold your breath for it.
That are videos of it on youtube so you can take a look if you want

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2015, 03:33:08 PM »
Okay, that still doesn't change that it's unlikely to get in. For one - who exactly is going to make the graphics for them? Even ignoring that ripping and converting the Vita graphics would still be a lot of work, the existing ones are not going to stylistically match the lemming graphics currently used in NeoLemmix. And then, I get the impression that they're fairly different from regular lemmings - even the zombies, which have very little difference from ordinary lemmings (and their graphic is just a slight recolor, which isn't even saved seperately in the file, but just recolored at runtime), was quite a major task to implement.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2015, 06:59:45 PM »
The one-way arrows still show, specifically against the water.

I'm not sure what exactly causes this, so here's a screenshot and the level that has the glitch.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2015, 05:43:39 AM »
I'll look into that one, though I wouldnt' consider it to be as major of an issue. (Technically they shouldn't show against the steel either, but that's likely to be VERY hard to do anything about...)
My Lemmings projects