Author Topic: Level Review - GeoffLems  (Read 7704 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Level Review - GeoffLems
« on: January 01, 2015, 10:11:41 PM »
Well, I wanted to start this a few days ago when I made all the other ones - GeoffLems is quite possibly my favorite large fan pack of all time! - but a copy of GeoffLems was nowhere to be found. Thanks to DynaLem, it's been recovered though, and can be downloaded here.

As usual, I've attached all the images in a ZIP. So... let's do this! :)

Fun 1 - "How Do I Lemming?"
Good: A bit of variety, and an amusing name!
Bad: Quite hard for a first level.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Re: Level Review - GeoffLems
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 08:00:33 AM »
Fun 2 - Little Umbrellas
10 lemmings, 60% to be saved
Release Rate 40
3 Minutes
10 climbers, 10 floaters

Good: A great tutorial for Athletes, and also teaches you when to use floaters and when to use climbers. Great level design, too (though I feel the steel blocks aren't necessary when the water is pretty much already close to the sides of the screen.

Bad: The big root sticking up at the bottom could be misleading and make people think it's a blockade.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 10:35:14 AM »
Fun 3 - "Easy Does It"
20 lemmings, 80% (16 lemmings) to be saved
3 minutes
RR 1
10 Bombers, 10 Blockers, 10 Bashers

Good: Showcases the trick of bashing to lower ground repeatedly when no vertical destruction skills are available/practical.
Bad: Quite bare-looking.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 11:08:34 PM »
Fun 4 - "The Bricklayers' Guild"
Good: A nice-looking level, and there are some interesting solutions.
Bad: This level, despite the early position, could be very hard for a newer player.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 06:22:14 PM »
Fun 5 - The Crystal Ship
40 Lemmings, 80% (32) to be saved
Release Rate 70
3 minutes
10 climbers, floaters, bombers, blockers, 20 bashers

Good: A good bashing exercise. The level design is also very interesting and looks very futuristic.
Bad: I don't see the point of the climbers and floaters. Also, the title doesn't seem to match the design of the level; the level doesn't look like a ship. Or maybe that's just me who thinks that way...

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 03:44:46 PM »
Fun 6 - Subterraneans
30 Lemmings
66% (20) to be saved
Release Rate 30
6 Minutes
10 Climbers, Floaters, Bombers, Blockers. 20 Builders, Bashers, Miners and Diggers

Good: Another wonderfully designed level that is a lot of fun, navigating through the cliffs and all kinds of obstacles. Love that boat on the right, too!
Bad: Well, just some minor things, but in the rising cliff with the three steel blocks on the upper right you can see a tiny hole, something that peeves me when I make my own levels. Also, if there is a boat on the other side, then where's the water?