Author Topic: Level Reviews - cLemmings Ultimate Edition  (Read 5397 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Level Reviews - cLemmings Ultimate Edition
« on: December 31, 2014, 02:41:07 AM »
Well, this one we'll all be playing for the first time (most likely) as we go through this thread, given that it's a very new release. So grab your copy here and let's see what it has in store!

Note that cLUE is built with the Flexi Player, and exit has disabled the mass dumping of levels / level images. So, to get an image of a level, you'll need to go to that specific level and press I on the preview screen. While theoretically I could just hack into the EXE and change this (since I made the Flexi player and know about how it works), I think it's better that I don't do stuff like that. :P So, no ZIP file of the images this time; you'll have to grab them as you play.

Simple 1 - The Pilemmo
(Image attached)
Good: This level actually requires a few clever tricks to pass. exit stated that this pack doesn't start easy, and this level definitely shows that. :P
Bad: This level requires a fairly well-timed bomber, from what I can tell. Since it's made with the Flexi player, exit could've used instant bombers... it's also possible I'm overlooking something, though.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Level Reviews - cLemmings Ultimate Edition
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 11:05:58 PM »
Simple 2 - Stones of Lemness
Good: The (at least, I assume) intended solution is quite complex and uses some very neat tricks.
Bad: There's a MAJOR backroute here, though to be fair that backroute is still somewhat challenging.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)