Author Topic: Level Reviews - cLemmings  (Read 11589 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Level Reviews - cLemmings
« on: December 31, 2014, 02:24:33 AM »
Okay, well, I felt like starting up a few more level review games, so here's one for cLemmings, created by exit! :)
I've attached a zip of all the level images to this post.

We'll start from Fun 8, as the first 7 levels are copied verbatim from the original Lemmings game.

If you don't already have cLemmings, you can download it here. If you want the up-to-date Lemmix features, you can just replace the EXE with a copy of the Orig Lemmix player; make sure to turn LookForLVLFiles on.

Fun 8 - Lemming Crystaliers
(Image attached)

Good: A not overly difficult level to start, with no immediate threat to the lemmings and a bit of variety in the solution without being too long.
Bad: A buried exit is quite tricky for a first proper level.

My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Re: Level Reviews - cLemmings
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 08:04:39 AM »
Fun 9 - Breakfast at Lemming's
80 Lemmings, 87% to be saved
Release Rate 50
5 Minutes
20 of each skill

Good: A good worker lemming level that has multiple approaches.

Bad: This one is also a small jump in difficulty from the tutorial levels. Finding a way to contain the lemmings and releasing them can be tricky.

EDIT: Forgot to attach image, sorry.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 03:55:27 PM by DynaLem »
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 10:37:34 AM »
Fun 10 - "With Lemmings on Top"
80 Lemmings, 87% (70 lemmings) to be saved
5 minutes
RR 50
20 of each skill

Good: Makes the player think of how to get around the steel, a useful trick that newer players might not realise immediately.
Bad: The steel block on the top-left looks very randomly placed.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 11:10:24 PM »
Fun 11 - Ellipsis
Good: The design at the top adds a bit of decoration to the level?
Bad: The actual functional parts of the level are horribly plain, it's basically just building over gaps, and then we have another buried exit.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 06:18:42 PM »
Fun 12: Crematory Chamber
80 Lemmings, 87% (70) to be saved
Release Rate 50
5 minutes
20 of everything

Good: A good simple worker lemming level with a great level design.
Bad: This one is quite easy compared to previous levels, making this level a little bit out-of-place.

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 04:14:59 PM »
Fun 13 - Tour de Lemming
80 Lemmings, 87% (70) to be saved
Release Rate 50
5 minutes
20 of everything

Good: Another simple worker lemming level.
Bad: There isn't much terrain decoration in this level. Also, perhaps the level could use about two to three more traps.

Offline Ghia

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 09:13:25 AM »
The download site in the fist post is marked as malicious... ?
(Same goes for the other cLemmings versions, as they are on the same site.)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 09:18:48 AM »
Are you using Chrome, by any chance? Chrome tends to be a bit over-paranoid in regards to (Neo)Lemmix players.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Ghia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 09:21:00 AM »
Nope, I use Firefox.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 09:42:14 AM »
Huh. I use Firefox as well, and I'm getting the same warning there now...

Here's an alternative download link on the NeoLemmix Website: http://www.neolemmix.com/old/misc/cLemmings.zip
This link contains the entire cLemmings series.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Ghia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2015, 10:37:36 AM »
Great :-) I'm always on the hunt for new levels, but not too fond of the Lemmini player.
Are these all different ? All are "latest version" ?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2015, 11:00:42 AM »
As far as I'm aware, they're all the latest versions of the cLemmings levels. I'm not sure if the included Lemmix player EXEs are the latest versions, but if not, you can always swap them with the latest version of the respective traditional Lemmix player (actually, there's no reason why you couldn't use the equivalent NeoLemmix players instead if you turn their "LookForLVLFiles" option on, but do keep in mind these levels weren't designed for NeoLemmix; there's at least one that wouldn't be possible on Neo due to relying on a glitch). The exception is cLemmings Ultimate Edition, which is built as an all-in-one-EXE type player (rather than external LVL files) so you can't replace the EXE on that one.

The four different games are different entries in the cLemmings series - like Lemmings Plus, there are multiple games, each with their own levels.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Ghia

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2015, 11:14:38 AM »
Ah...tnx, namida, you're quick to respond as always :-) Greatly appreciated !
Now...off for more hours of lemming fun.. :thumbsup: