Author Topic: Official Lemmings Forums Level Design Contest #1 (Designing)  (Read 12826 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: Official Lemmings Forums Level Design Contest #1
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2015, 01:12:50 AM »
ok. I don't blame you for having poor documentation--I'm too lazy to read it anyway  :D

Working on my level currently. I do not have Crane's optimism, even after much testing I expect much backroutes.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2015, 03:14:47 AM »
Me being optimistic is a rarity - enjoy it while you can!  But you saw Nepster tear Overflow and JAILBREAK! a new one, so I can't guarantee anything here.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2015, 03:19:37 AM »
Well, it's up to the voters whether they let that affect their vote. Personally, I wouldn't dismiss a great level just because it has a backroute.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2015, 10:36:26 AM »
I hope I got all the big backroutes, but I think I got them all sorted out and the timelimit should do the rest. If it gets backrouted I can at least fix the level before the pack gets published  :P

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2015, 03:52:10 AM »
Just a heads up, there's now less than a week remaining until the deadline, so get those entries in! :)

Remember to include a copy of the graphic set! (unless it's a Lemmix or NeoLemmix level using one of the LPII / LPIII graphic sets)

Also don't forget to specify:
1) Which engine it's for (Lemmix, NeoLemmix, Lemmini, SuperLemmini)
2) If it's traditional Lemmix, which mechanics set is intended to be used for it (Orig, OhNo or Cust)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2015, 05:22:08 PM »
I just submitted my level. After having gotten to version 13 :XD:, I was just sick of this level and handed it in, despite surely existing backroutes.

Offline keiya

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2015, 01:43:02 AM »
Do we stick our names in the creator field, for engines that support it, or is this a 'blind' contest?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2015, 02:06:23 AM »
Do we stick our names in the creator field, for engines that support it, or is this a 'blind' contest?

It's your choice if you put it in the level's data; but it will be listed with the entries either way.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Pieuw

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2015, 06:10:44 PM »
It's sad but with my job plus the recent events happening here, I didn't take time to design a level. I don't know if I'll be able or motivated to make one before the deadline, but in any case I'll take part in the playing phase. :)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2015, 06:29:20 PM »
There's still 4 days or so to get one in, so feel free to give it a shot! :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2015, 02:14:32 AM »
We now have only about three days until the deadline; so if you wanted to enter, get your entries in quickly!

The cutoff time, just to make sure everyone's aware of how it's interpreted, is right at the start of the deadline date - ie, midnight between 15/01/15 and 16/01/15 (in UTC). Obviously it's unlikely I'll be online at that exact time, but I can see what time you sent the message, so I'll be able to tell if you made the cut or not.

And just for peace of mind in case of connection troubles etc - yes, if your entry comes in at 2 minutes past the deadline or something like that, I'll still accept it. I don't have an exact cutoff point; my advice would simply be "don't rely on the leniancy, just know it's there in case it is needed".
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2015, 10:11:02 PM »
Entries close in about 2 hours - if you havent already, be sure to get your level in if you're interested!

If you want to make sure your level has been received, check the first post in the topic.

I'll put the entries up later today, probably around 3 hours after the closing (since that's when I'll be home).
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2015, 02:35:44 AM »
Entries are now closed. I'll make a new topic to post the level download links in. Gimme a sec...
My Lemmings projects