Author Topic: So, on the distribution of Lix  (Read 3275 times)

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
So, on the distribution of Lix
« on: December 07, 2014, 02:54:25 AM »
I was thinking recently, and seeing a LOT of videos of Lemmings, people posting Custom levels with thousands of views and comments asking how to play these levels and/or create levels of their own... and...

I mean, one of the people I subscribe to for general video game related played just now recently started and appears to have no desire to stop a full Gold run of Lemmings 2.... (YouTube account is ZetaPlays, for the curious, I mean yea he admits to when he gives up and consults a walkthrough, but someone who is basically making it a goal to play all NES, SNES, and Genesis games of all languages giving L2 the full completionist playthrough treatment literally as I speak should give you an idea of how underexposed Lemmings and the IRS genre is.)

So, what I'm saying is, there's a much, MUCH bigger demand for this game, its expansion packs, and the multiplayer support than any central focal point can understand. And, there's the pretty well playable game, and a lot of single player packs from the nostalgic to the reasonable to the Hopeless for these potential players to play, if only they knew Lix existed.

So, how do we showcase this work to all those who don't really remember the game now but would see this for 2 seconds and go "Awww yeah, Lemmings was a pretty sweet game, I should totally nostalgia trip and play this remake (on YouTube)" and then realise (and make a couple dozen followers also realise) that this project is amazing?
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: So, on the distribution of Lix
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 03:03:23 PM »
We need to get the community set finished. The program itself is ready to release, but the level set isn't.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 08:03:20 PM »
Umm actually no, if anything it's vice versa.

The community pack is basically down to a few backroute fixes and maybe some level swaps if requested, but it's releasable as it is. The game itself has the issue that due to Allegro 4 bugs/incompatibilities it doesn't run perfectly on all platforms.

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 03:54:06 AM »

I've had an updated video in the work for months, and it's ready for the most part.  But rather get it out there when Simon wants it to become well known.
I think itll go viral if you post the vid on facebook etc.  Even the old video.

As Steve is right.  People would definitely go " OH YEA lemmings is awsome, and that looks amazing" etc