Author Topic: copy-protection codes on Lemmings ! for macintosh  (Read 15379 times)

Offline VulcanJohn

• View Profile
Re: copy-protection codes on Lemmings ! for macintosh
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2015, 01:59:35 AM »
ok, thanks for the feedback. I'll have a go at scanning the manuals and/or the codes over the weekend and get them posted. Is there a restriction on the attachment size or method I should use to upload the info?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2015, 02:12:48 AM »
The limit for attachments is 16MB per post (regardless of whether that's one large attachment or a few smaller ones). Although you could get around this by making multiple posts, it'd be much appreciated if you use something like DropBox or Mega to upload it if it's much larger than that. :) However, if you can't do that for any reason, then just upload on multiple posts - getting the information available is more important than keeping storage costs a couple of cents cheaper, in my opinion.*

* and since I'me the one who pays for the hosting, I'm allowed to make this judgement call :P
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Mindless

• Inactive - may respond to PM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2015, 05:33:40 AM »
If you do a good quality scan, be sure to upload a copy to the Internet Archive Manual Library.

Offline VulcanJohn

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2015, 01:00:00 PM »
Ok, here we go, files are attached, Lemmings and ONML. The manual for Lemmings had the codes printed in an extremely faint green, by what must have been the world's worst dot-matrix printer, so I have transcribed the information into the separate spreadsheet for ease of use. The manual for ONML was better and the codes are visible straight out of the book.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2015, 06:58:32 PM »
The manual for Lemmings had the codes printed in an extremely faint green, by what must have been the world's worst dot-matrix printer

It's probably intentional. It's to make it harder to photocopy; a lot of things from around that time did this.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Leo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2015, 12:36:10 AM »
It's not probably intentional, it's certainly intentional.

Offline AkLemmings

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2016, 08:09:46 PM »
Thank you for posting the copies of the books. The spreadsheet is great. I had set up my old WGS 8150 and loaded Lemmings and went to get the book but it was nowhere to be found. I found all my other old game manuals but no Lemmings. I figure that was because we always had to have it available for the codes and couldn't just put it away like the rest of them. I had bought the original Lemmings for the Mac to play on my LC III when it was brand new and still have the 3 blue disks to prove it (and the computer...damn Macs never quit working) and I know the book is somewhere in my hoard and will probably find it when I move. Once again, thank you very much for the codes they work great.