Author Topic: [Lemmini] MobiLems - Beta release!  (Read 22766 times)

Mariachi Skeletron Prime

Re: MobiLems - Beta release!
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2014, 09:21:12 AM »
Wow, this is a great level pack (so far, I'm stuck on A Fearful Symmetry; I just don't know what I'm missing). My favourite level has got to be Lemmings in Motion. I don't think I've backrouted anything, but the level 'Clues' is a little uninteresting, and 'Roundabout' felt a little too difficult for it's rating. Other than that, it's been really fun to play.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2015, 02:51:42 PM »
thanks Mariachi you're levels also look interesting [though I haven't gotten much chance to play yours or anyone elses levels lately] And thanks to IchoTolot and rtw for the videos and everyone else who played.

I've made an update to MobiLems (version 7). Some levels were re-ordered due to difficulty reasons and the oh no more levels rating was removed [for reasons].
This will probably be the last update to MobiLems.

download 7:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72760678/MobiLemsInstallpackage7.zip

download version 6:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72760678/MobiLemsINSTALL6.zip

I'm keeping version 6 available for now in case there are problems with 7, because I don't have a lot of time to test everything as much as I'd like in it.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2015, 04:33:51 AM »
I don't mean to bother but i've heard that mobilems II will get a neolemmix release
will there be a Mobilems neolemmix release though?

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2015, 02:55:06 PM »
I don't mean to bother but i've heard that mobilems II will get a neolemmix release

did you mean will it get a superlemmini or something else release? The answer is probably no.
I've been making a few levels recently that use the new features of neolemmix like the closed exit so that wouldn't be compatible with superlemmini. Honestly now that I'm getting used to the controls of NeoLemmix I'm liking it a lot better. It's very user-friendly.

On other notes; there may be a few levels co-created by other people like in my first pack. Having the author field is nice for being able to have notes like that. I don't think I'll divulge any other secrets right now. :D

an idea I just had for having levels that use a gimmick-- to make it simpler than having some kind of warning message I might put all of "x" type levels into one rating and etc. [like PimoLems]
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 03:05:09 PM by もびうす »
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2015, 03:11:43 PM »

did you mean will it get a superlemmini or something else release? The answer is probably no.
I've been making a few levels recently that use the new features of neolemmix like the closed exit so that wouldn't be compatible with superlemmini. Honestly now that I'm getting used to the controls of NeoLemmix I'm liking it a lot better. It's very user-friendly.

On other notes; there may be a few levels co-created by other people like in my first pack. Having the author field is nice for being able to have notes like that. I don't think I'll divulge any other secrets right now. :D

an idea I just had for having levels that use a gimmick-- to make it simpler than having some kind of warning message I might put all of "x" type levels into one rating and etc. [like PimoLems]
Neolemmix as in like a flexi lemmix player version just like GigaLems was created on flexilemmix

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2015, 03:12:28 PM »

Now I really can't wait for this pack! Sorry...can't resist, everyone here knows locked exits are my favorite types of puzzles, hence why so far every pack I've released (including the Unused Gimmicks Pack) has at least one level using them :P. Of course, my second contest level "Super Starship" uses them. I've even made a remake of an Orig Lemmings level using them in my third pack.

I can't wait to play this pack, but as I'll be taking a break from Lemmings for a few months, I won't be able to help testing out. But if you haven't released the pack by the time I come back, I'll be willing to help.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2015, 03:18:43 PM »
I agree with the idea of keeping the gimmick levels seperate somehow. Not including the bonus packs (which primarily focus on gimmick levels), the only pack I've done where the two were mixed together was LPII.

LPIII had a couple of frenzy levels among the normal ones, but the only difference on those is the lack of pause. The gimmick levels were all secret levels.
Lemmings Plus Omega had a dedicated, seperate rank for the gimmick levels, just like you're suggesting. I think this is the best solution, since secret levels can be quite annoying in and of themself.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)