Author Topic: SuperLemmini 0.104a  (Read 171520 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: SuperLemmini 0.96b
« Reply #120 on: November 01, 2014, 06:57:14 AM »
I'm well aware of that mechanic. However, I was recently decompiling and checking the trigger areas of all the styles, and the Bubble one was 4x8. It is possible that I myself edited this at some point and forgot about it since, though.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 07, 2014, 10:41:49 PM »
I'm loving the new sounds and the fact that when a lemming far on the left will only make a noise on your left speaker  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Would it be at all possible to add a line on the pre-level menu screen for "author" or creator? I suppose this would also mean a change for this option on Lemmix (It seems to alreay exist but only for extended format?)
You could have this be something editable in the level's ini file.
I'm asking this mostly for the community pack so everyone's name can appear on their appropriate level's
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 07, 2014, 11:40:47 PM »
Would it be at all possible to add a line on the pre-level menu screen for "author" or creator

That... is an absolutely brilliant idea!  Hmmm, it's about time I had a look around at these versions of Lemmings to see what's new.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #123 on: November 08, 2014, 01:03:38 AM »
Would it be at all possible to add a line on the pre-level menu screen for "author" or creator

That... is an absolutely brilliant idea!  Hmmm, it's about time I had a look around at these versions of Lemmings to see what's new.

Tsyu, if you implement this feature, drop me a PM to let me know how. The NeoLemmix Editor already supports this (as NeoLemmix has this feature), so it'll be very easy to implement.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 08, 2014, 04:27:55 AM »
The author thing should be easy to implement. I'll be sure to put it in the next version, which should be out within the next few days.

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
Re: SuperLemmini 0.97
« Reply #125 on: November 10, 2014, 04:07:49 AM »
SuperLemmini 0.97 is out, and it has a new level: One Way to Freedom, which is found at the end of the Bonus rating of the Lemmings pack. The changes are below:
  • Object animations can now run at speeds other than 2 game frames per animation frame. To change the speed of an object, add a speed_n parameter (replace "n" with the object's ID) to the object's section in the style's INI file, and set its value to the desired number of game frames per object animation frame.
  • Level files can now specify which music files to play. To use this feature, add a "music" parameter to the level file and set it to the name of the music file (e.g., mysong3.mod). If the music file is in a subfolder, the relative path from the music folder should also be given (e.g., mymusic/mysong3.mod). If the parameter exists, it overrides what's set in levelpack.ini.
  • It's now possible to set a terrain piece to ignore one-way and steel objects.
  • Level authors can now add their names to level files using the "author" parameter. Such names will be displayed in the Select Level dialog box when the level is highlighted.
  • Entrance orders, music selection, and level author names in NeoLemmix LVL files are now supported.
  • Added the level "One Way to Freedom" from the Amiga Format demo. The level is found at the end of the Bonus rating of the Lemmings pack.
  • Added the Lang and IO libraries from Apache Commons since they're incredibly useful.
  • Changed the way that minimaps are generated to help ensure that objects are always positioned correctly.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the minimap to glitch if the window was wider than the level.
  • Fixed a number of other bugs related to the minimap that could take effect if the window width was not the default of 800.
  • Object 8 of the dirt set (the rock trap) now looks nearly identical to terrain piece 27, as it did in the original games.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #126 on: November 10, 2014, 08:50:36 AM »
Quote from:  Level format documentation
(The following two parameters are loaded from the level specified in mainLevel only if neither one of these is specified in this level.)

xPosCenter: ...

Should that be "the following three"?
My Lemmings projects

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 10, 2014, 09:27:16 AM »
Quote from:  Level format documentation
(The following two parameters are loaded from the level specified in mainLevel only if neither one of these is specified in this level.)

xPosCenter: ...

Should that be "the following three"?
No, "the following two" is correct. Remember that xPosCenter and xPos are mutually exclusive, with xPosCenter having priority over xPos. yPosCenter, on the other hand, specifies something different (the Y coordinate of the starting position rather than the X coordinate), so it would be bad design to make it mutually exclusive with xPosCenter and xPos.

And do note the "neither one" in the sentence that you quoted; it means that if xPosCenter or xPos is used in the "oddtable" level, then neither one of those will be read from the main level. Thus, if the main level uses xPosCenter and the "oddtable" level uses only xPos, then the main level's xPosCenter will not override the "oddtable" level's xPos.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #128 on: November 10, 2014, 10:05:27 AM »
Ah, I was thinking just in that yPosCenter is also (I assume) loaded from mainLevel if not specified.

Also - about the Author and Music File tags, should they be escaped in the same way the level title is? I've implemented them in the NeoLemmix Editor assuming that they *should* be (since level name and mainLevel both are); let me know if this is wrong so I can change it ASAP.

Anyway, editor update supporting the new stuff has been released. Just for reference, I allowed use of the "one-way invert" option; since SuperLemmini doesn't have such an option, it's applied when saving the level. When loading the level, it determines whether to turn this option on or not based on how many pieces have the "no one way" flag set (and adjusts the flags accordingly).
My Lemmings projects

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 10, 2014, 08:30:06 PM »
Ah, I was thinking just in that yPosCenter is also (I assume) loaded from mainLevel if not specified.
And you were correct. In fact, almost all of the parameters that aren't marked in the documentation as "ignored if mainLevel is set" work this way. It's just that xPosCenter and xPos (as well as timeLimitSeconds and timeLimit) needed to be treated a little differently to avoid the (albeit unlikely) scenario where the main level's parameters would override those in the "oddtable" level due to the latter using lower priority parameters.

Also - about the Author and Music File tags, should they be escaped in the same way the level title is? I've implemented them in the NeoLemmix Editor assuming that they *should* be (since level name and mainLevel both are); let me know if this is wrong so I can change it ASAP.
Yes, they should. In fact, any line that isn't commented out with "#" or "!" should work this way.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2014, 11:12:57 PM »
very nice modifications on the new update!  :lem4ever:
[some I'm noticing might have actually been present before but didn't notice them until now]

I was sort of hoping that the author's name could appear on the menu screen before the level begins so that you'd see it if you were playing a levelpack. Other than that, no complaints
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 15, 2014, 06:14:35 PM »
what happened to the old "load level" feature? The new one is very nice but without the old one it's unnecessarily difficult to load one specific level. What makes it worse is "add external levels" features doesn't seem to save this information (new levels I add, I have to re-add them every time I load the game).

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 15, 2014, 07:51:36 PM »
"Load level" is now "add external levels." And I don't see how it's much more difficult--only two extra clicks are needed to load a single level.

In any case, I'll look into a way of saving the levels that have been loaded.

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 16, 2014, 01:26:53 AM »
I have a request for the next release.  Support for level "hints".

Mechanics:

If you fail to achieve the required percentage for the same level 3 times in a row, the option to "Show Hint" will appear on one of the screens (probably the level preview window), if the level supports it.  Doing so will cause a fade-out, and it will fade-in with a text hint relevant to the level, after which you can continue back to the preview screen.  This would be implemented via a "hint=" field in the INI file.

Examples:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Of course, it's up to the level designers if they want to be kind, but it's a carry-over from Cheapo Copycat and may be a nice, merciful move for some of the more heinous of levels like those found in Revenge of the Lemmings.  e.g.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And of course, you can decline selecting "Show Hint" if you want the privilege of solving the level without help.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 06:37:13 AM by WillLem »

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 16, 2014, 02:51:56 PM »
Of course, it's up to the level designers if they want to be kind, but it's a carry-over from Cheapo Copycat and may be a nice, merciful move for some of the more heinous of levels like those found in Revenge of the Lemmings.  e.g. Armageddon 29:

Wow, thanks for the spoiler  :'(