Author Topic: Lemmings Plus II styles  (Read 3274 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Lemmings Plus II styles
« on: May 05, 2014, 04:15:59 AM »
Hey, I just wanted to say that, if you want to convert the LPII styles to add to the collection of Lix styles, I'm fine with that. Let me know if you want the original resources. Obviously with credit given to me for them, but you're welcome to use them freely in Lix without any limitations other than giving credit. =)

The steel blocks (except in Psychedelic and Metal styles) and a small amount of the objects are recolors from the original game, depending on how worried you are about copyright issues you might want to replace them with new ones (or recolored versions of similar existing Lix ones), but most of it is my own creation.

If you want the original resources (rather than the GroundxO/Vgagrx) files, let me know. =) check the LPII topic.

I got the idea after receiving a PM asking for permission to remake one of the LPII Bonus Pack levels in Lix. (I don't mind a few levels here and there being remade, but I don't really want the entire LPII being remade for it... but the styles, I'm fine with that.)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lemmings Plus II styles
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 12:50:03 AM »
This deserves a proper response.

I'm afraid I won't use the styles for now. The styles are designed for a low-resolution game (320x240), which clashes with the remaining content of the game. Heavy pixeling or distinct outlines around terrain objects are not found in other styles either.

Some colors are much flashier than the remaining tileset, e.g. the rainbow cables in the motherboard tileset, challenging the remaining tileset's style. Only the Lix abstract tileset uses such flashy colors.

Nonetheless, thank you for the offer, including permissive copying conditions.

The motherboard style is an excellent idea for such games, with many versatile straight pieces.

-- Simon

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus II styles
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 03:27:02 AM »
Just in case you change your mind... for now I was only offering the LPII styles. That circuit one is actually an LPIII style, so I'd rather keep that one exclusively mine until a bit after LPIII has been released - it was the same with LPII, I didn't release the styles at first, but eventually released them and then later even released the resources used to generate them.

The LPII ones are the Tree style, Purple style, Psychedelic style, Metal style and Desert style.

But no worries. =) If you want to use the LPII ones at any point, go for it. LPIII ones, I'll let them be used at some point, just not until at least a while after LPIII is actually released - we haven't even had a demo yet! xD And thanks for the response.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)