Author Topic: Mafia: Lemmings 2 Edition  (Read 33079 times)

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Mafia: Lemmings 2 Edition
« on: April 20, 2014, 08:28:18 AM »
Welcome all to Mafia: Lemmings Edition 2 Lemmings 2 Edition!

Links to scenes:
Night 0
Day 1
Night 1
Day 2
Night 2
Day 3
End

Sign-up is closed. Signed up players:
Simon
RubiX
NaOH
Giga
geoo
möbius
Ramon
ccexplore

The setting is Clamifornia Beach, and the beach bum lemmings have just rolled in for the beginning of summer. They go surfing swimming in the daytime, gather round the clampfire in the evening, and retreat to their sandcastles at night.

(Scroll right or zoom out to see the full picture)

Side note: As unlikely as it may seem, beach bum lemmings are actually incapable of surfing. The original Beach Tribe were provided with no Surfer skills whatsoever! But Clamifornia Beach is more of a swimming beach anyway; the waves are pathetic!

(Thanks to Simon for the pic, +10 clampoints for you!)

But all is not well. The first night of summer has just passed, and Jimbo McLemming, cousin of Jimmy (of Storybook fame) and popular local surfer swimmer, has disappeared without a trace. Rumour has it that among the beach bum community is a group of rogues who seek to dispense with the innocent bums and make off with their clampoints. (Clampoints are the official currency of Clamifornia. The fact that they have any clampoints at all makes these particular beach bums wealthier than most!)

The perpetrators must be clamptured and brought to justice, before this clamitous series of events (and clampuns) clamtinues!

The residents of Clamifornia Beach are staunch believers in Clampital Punishment. What’s that, you ask?

That giant clam isn’t just for decoration, you know! When the bums find out (or think they’ve found out) who’s responsible, they won’t hesitate to feed the guilty party into the clam, who will gleefully munch them. 8()

How to Play:
Welcome, resident lemming (or possibly lix or clam)! Some of you -- you're not sure who -- are members of a mischievous gang of rogue lemmings who -- for ill-explained reasons -- are bent on ruining the lives of all the other inhabitants of Clamifornia Beach.

Each night, the rogue lemmings arrange for the unfortunate demise of one poor lemming. They do this by furtively discussing amongst each other (via PM) and then messaging me.

Then, In the morning, the residents awake to the tragic news and noisily argue (write posts) about who they think is responsible. Of course, the actual miscreants are in the crowd and surreptitiously voicing their opinions, too. Voting takes place to determine who (if anyone) shall be executed by clam, and then night falls.

Rules
Some of these are different to the first game so please read! For the most part I’ve opted for simplicity and reverted to standard rules.

Roles
Roles are as follows:
Innocent Resident: The majority of residents are innocent to some degree; you'll want to avoid losing your head.
Rogue Lemming: each night, you privately discuss amongst yourselves who's gonna get it, and PM me with your final decision.
Scooper: The Scooper always has the inside scoop on what goes on at Clamifornia Beach (yes, I renamed the role just to make this joke). At the start of the game, and each night thereafter, the Scooper chooses somebody to spy on (and PMs me with their choice), and finds out what their role is. The Scooper is also an innocent resident. There is only one Scooper, though I may reconsider if we get a lot of players.
No Blockers this time. They don’t work outside of the Classic tribe anyway :P

At the beginning of the game, each player will be assigned a role at random. The number per role will determined by the total number of players (for balance), and made public when the game starts. The identities will not be made public of course, but the rogues will know each other’s identities.

You are definitely allowed to lie about what role you have. In fact, it's encouraged. You just can't support your claim with evidence.

When somebody is voted off, I will reveal their role. When somebody is slain by the rogue lemmings, I will not reveal their role.

Discussion
All public discussion about the game in progress must be made in this topic and during the day. Keep it off the IRC channel. Only live players may discuss. The rogues may discuss in private at any time. Other private discussion can’t technically be prevented, but is discouraged (and shouldn’t be trusted ;)).

Voting
Each lemming, innocent or otherwise, can vote for the execution of up to one other resident. You may change or withdraw your vote at any time by making a new post to that effect. [edit] Please put the name of the player you are voting for in bold for the benefit of readers. Execution is by majority vote, i.e. over 50% of the population must vote for the same lemming before an execution occurs. When a majority vote is achieved, or daylight runs out (see below), the condemned lemming (if there is one) gets munched by the clam, and night falls again. Rinse and repeat until either all rogue lemmings are eliminated, or vice versa, or the result is inevitable.
Note: If a majority is reached at any time, I will consider that as final, even if votes change again before I check the thread. I will post voting summaries occasionally to help with counting. Please refrain from editing or deleting your voting posts!

Timing
The game begins in daytime, following the disappearance of Jimbo McLemming. This means the first vote takes place before the rogues kill an actual player.
Day lasts until there is a majority vote, with a limit of 72 hours to keep the game moving.
Night lasts until the rogues send me their decision as to who they will take out, but shouldn’t take more than 48 hours without good reason.
Actual timing may vary depending on my availability.

Death
If you are dead, you may not post in the topic again until the game has ended. (Nobody can hear you from inside the clam.) However, as compensation, I will tell you everyone’s role, so you get a Clam’s eye view of the game. If you prefer, you can opt not to receive this.

Victory
If all the rogues are eliminated, the innocent bums (including scooper) win.
If at any time the rogues reach 50% of the population, or will do so after their next kill, the rogues win – at this point they have enough votes to block any proposed munching.

Note that you don’t have to survive to win – if your team wins, you win! Only survivors get to share in the clampoints though 8()

That’s it for now. Rules aren’t set in stone until the game begins (or later if I’ve overlooked something, which is likely).

Roll on up to Clamifornia Beach for some fun in the sun! (Or in the dark, depending which team you’re on!)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Mafia: Lemmings 2 Edition – Sign Up
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 11:10:50 AM »
Signing up!

-- Simon

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 07:55:07 PM »
Rub the nub
reporting for duty

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 08:23:22 PM »
I'm on this like lemming blood on a clam.

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 08:54:34 PM »
where do I sign up because I want to join

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 09:22:48 PM »
Amendment to rules:

The Scooper finds out one player's role on the night before the game starts. This means there's something meaningful to talk (or lie!) about on the first day, and the scooper definitely gets to do something before getting killed :)

To be fair to non-scoopers who want to start the game, you'll have 24 hours to choose before I pick somebody at random.

Keep on rolling in folks, the more the merrier! 8()

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 09:23:39 PM »

Just post in this topic (as you've already done). I'll add you to the list :)

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 09:38:07 PM »
I thought they munch lemmings as a whole...

Anyway, I'm in too.

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 10:06:56 PM »

Just post in this topic (as you've already done). I'll add you to the list :)
Thank you  :D

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 10:47:48 PM »
yeah

gross NaOH... gross                 :P

btw that big Clam pic in the first post frightens me.  :scared:

the penny pic is good. This should be real as this is about what a penny is really worth--nothing but a joke

it is time to go to the mattresses!  :evil:
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Online Ramon

• View Profile
    • JRK Studios
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 09:42:01 AM »
I don't know how I missed this topic  ???

Signed up yet again, for the laughs. Don't make me a miner  :scared:

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 01:27:59 AM »
Since this game could use more people and I visit the forum pretty regularly anyway, I've decided to sign up.  I'm only expecting to look at PMs for any private communications (if applicable), but if the need arises people can ping me over PM to check the IRC logs.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 07:11:52 AM »
All right, we're up to 8 already! :D I'll keep it open for another day or two days, then get underway.

Roles have to be assigned randomly, but at a 1/8 (or lower) chance you're not likely to get Miner.

And welcome in, ccexplore! I hope you can find enough time to be at least reasonably active in the game :)

Offline Clam

• View Profile
Re: Mafia: Lemmings 2 Edition – 48 hours to start!
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 08:40:40 AM »
Actually, in the interests of fairness, I should be specific about timing :)

The game will start in 48 hours from the time of this post. (Remember, the first 24 hours is just for the miner, so the real action begins in 3 days from now.) Updates will usually happen about this time of day, plus or minus an hour or so. (I can already tell you Friday's update will be on the early side.)

You can still sign up if you haven't already!

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2014, 08:39:57 AM »
24 hours left to sign up!

The more the merrier! 8 may or may not be extremely awkward, I'm not sure  :P