Poll

what's the Android version of your main Android device?

<3
1 (5.6%)
<4
0 (0%)
4.0 or 4.1
2 (11.1%)
4.2 or 4.3
0 (0%)
>= 4.4
15 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: [Android] Lemmings-like game (WIP)  (Read 130170 times)

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
Re: [Android] Lemmings-like game (WIP)
« Reply #210 on: September 18, 2016, 05:09:58 PM »
- After "Platformers" (see previous post), here come the "1-Way Enabled" Terrains.
It's the same setup as in NeoLemmix, with default value being "enabled" for all new Terrains.

- Moreover, it seems that NeoLemmix's new "Clear Physics" option is appreciated.
For debug purpose, I needed the same option in the Android game, so I'll leave this feature in the final game, too :)

Offline ardiri

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 06, 2016, 04:08:57 PM »
Thanks for Caveman! I know (and played) this game: this is a re-skinned Lemmings port due to copyright issues.
They used copyrighted assets indeed. For the Android game, I will deliver original contents only: I wrote original/not-copyrighted code and I created my own graphics, so I hope my game does not break any copyrights, even if my Brick tileset looks similar to Lemmings' Brick tileset.

i don't know why i never came to this website in the last 15 years hahah.. i just posted a new topic anyhow relating to caveman :)

we have an android version of the game now as well - it will soon be published for a closed beta.. in regards to legal issues - i've been versed up on this for years; Caveman HD never had any issues.. but, if your game looks too similar to the original game, you may run into issues. copyright law comes down to something as simple as this (this is how my lawyer explained it to me) "if someone with no knowledge of the game or computers in general saw the original and yours side by side.. but, couldn't tell the difference.. you can get sued for copyright infringement"... thats why Caveman looks the way it does. :)

PS: Caveman for Android has even been tested on Android 2.3.5 - so, 98% of android users should be able to play it!

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 13, 2016, 11:15:53 PM »
Thanks for Caveman! I know (and played) this game: this is a re-skinned Lemmings port due to copyright issues.
They used copyrighted assets indeed. For the Android game, I will deliver original contents only: I wrote original/not-copyrighted code and I created my own graphics, so I hope my game does not break any copyrights, even if my Brick tileset looks similar to Lemmings' Brick tileset.

i don't know why i never came to this website in the last 15 years hahah.. i just posted a new topic anyhow relating to caveman :)

we have an android version of the game now as well - it will soon be published for a closed beta.. in regards to legal issues - i've been versed up on this for years; Caveman HD never had any issues.. but, if your game looks too similar to the original game, you may run into issues. copyright law comes down to something as simple as this (this is how my lawyer explained it to me) "if someone with no knowledge of the game or computers in general saw the original and yours side by side.. but, couldn't tell the difference.. you can get sued for copyright infringement"... thats why Caveman looks the way it does. :)

PS: Caveman for Android has even been tested on Android 2.3.5 - so, 98% of android users should be able to play it!

Thank you VERY MUCH for the piece of info: it is very useful!!!
I'll will create original graphics which will look different from Lemmings. (but I would like to "capture" the Lemmings feeling, nevertheless)

I also played Caveman, and it's a cool game: congratulations for the upcoming Android release!!! :thumbsup:

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 17, 2016, 02:43:50 PM »
Here are short news about the Android project : I keep on working the game, of course! :)
Latest updates are not about visual stuff and graphics, but about slight adjustments which make the game more enjoyable. Making this game is a slow process (I work on the project whenever I can), but the game just gets better and better, and I'm really happy with the results!

But, because I didn't make much progress on the graphics recently, I will clearly miss the release in 2017 (I still have a lot of work to do, until the game is finished!). Next year, I'll keep you updated with fresh screenshots and videos, as I make progress on tilesets.

To be continued...

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 24, 2017, 01:05:22 AM »
It's been a while since the previous update, but be assured that I keep on working on the game/level-editor/online stuff.

Here's the latest update: Today, I've just added the "Fencer" skill (please see the attached screenshot).
The new skills (compared to Lemmings 1) are: Walker/U-turn + Platformer + Fencer + Glider.
(as seen on the screenshot, levels allow the use of the 12 skills).

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 07, 2017, 09:51:40 PM »
Since my previous post in February, I silently update the Android game and the level-editor, and a lot of interesting things have been added (Stackers, for example :)).
Game's final skillset is: Lemmings' 8 classic skills + Walker + Platformer + Fencer + Glider + Stacker (= 13 skills max per level)

Moreover, today, I've just added exit doors which allow a specific amount of Lemmings to pass. If set, counters are set on a per-door basis.

below: left door still allow 30 Lemmings to pass, while right door still allow 19 Lemmings.

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 12, 2017, 09:38:04 PM »
testing 1)the Teleporter, 2)the Receiver, and 3)the Teleporter+Receiver Objects :)
Teleporters' indexes are shown in order to see what's linked to what.

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 27, 2017, 01:30:20 AM »
"Splitters" are now in :) (graphics not final, just used for testing the Object's function)
Using them alongside with Teleporters quickly makes this level a total mess! :)

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 11, 2017, 05:34:23 PM »
Hi,
I keep on working on the Android game, and today I added another skill: "down Builders"
15 skills are now included in the game, and all of them may be used in a single level.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 11, 2017, 05:45:42 PM »
is it possible to download and try this game on PC?
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 11, 2017, 09:26:46 PM »
is it possible to download and try this game on PC?
Android emulator?

I'd like to give this game a go too, but I don't really like touchscreens for games. :)

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 12, 2017, 11:52:31 PM »
Yes, to run the game on a PC, you will have to use an Android emulator, but the game will probably run at a slower speed than using an actual Android device (at least, the last time I checked Android emulation, it was slowwwwwww...)
About the release: since I do not have much free time to work on this project, don't expect the game in 2018. The game should be ready in 2019.

[work in progress...]
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 11:39:25 PM by LJLPM »

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 19, 2018, 09:43:14 PM »
Hi, I'm still working on the Android game on a regular basis (level editor + in-game's adjustments, these days), and I would like to know what would be your favorite/most convenient skill order, in the "skill" panel?

Here are the game's 15 available skills, in alphabetical order (all skills are available during the game ; see previous post's screenshot) :
- 1) Basher
- 2) Blocker
- 3) Bomber
- 4) Builder
- 5) Climber
- 6) Digger
- 7) DownBuilder (builds stairs which go down)
- 8) Fencer
- 9) Floater
- 10) Flyer (first, goes up ; then flies horizontally for a short time)
- 11) Glider (diagonal Floater)
- 12) Miner
- 13) Platformer (horizontal Builder)
- 14) Stacker (vertical Builder)
- 15) Walker (eg: make a U-turn, or revert a Blocker to a Walker)

Thanks!

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 12, 2018, 03:33:10 PM »
I think it might be useful to have the 8 original skills first (in their original order).

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 14, 2018, 07:22:12 PM »
Yes, I thought about it, too, but most people (especially newcomers) wouldn't understand why "Build" skills (for example) are not grouped (Builder + Downbuilder + Platformer + Stacker).
And not having "Floater" and "Glider" skills grouped doesn't seem logical, too...
Gameplay-wise, I think skills with the same "theme" should probably be together.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 10:37:44 PM by LJLPM »