Author Topic: NeoLemmix (Player: V1.26n-C | Editor: V1.26n-B)  (Read 122524 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Re: NeoLemmix (Player: V1.26n | Editor: V1.26n-B)
« Reply #570 on: November 26, 2014, 11:56:37 AM »
If you use NeoCustLemmix test mode and the level preview screen setting is on, there is actually a level select menu inside. There are two levels, but Level 2 is basically a copy of Level 1.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #571 on: November 26, 2014, 09:45:06 PM »
Thanks, I'll fix that next update.

Another known issue; pressing P to pause during a replay interrupts the replay. I'll fix it in the next update, but for now, clicking the pause button or pressing F11 works fine.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: November 27, 2014, 05:16:01 PM »
I'm experiencing a pretty nasty glitch where save isn't working. Several levels I saved in ini format got corrupted somehow. When I opened them in NEoLemmix a ton of terrain was missing and trying to open it in old Lemmix gave a "invalid time limit -1" and the level wouldn't open.

Maybe this is fixed in a new version? I'll try updating first.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #573 on: November 27, 2014, 08:11:27 PM »
I'm experiencing a pretty nasty glitch where save isn't working. Several levels I saved in ini format got corrupted somehow. When I opened them in NEoLemmix a ton of terrain was missing and trying to open it in old Lemmix gave a "invalid time limit -1" and the level wouldn't open.

Crane found the disappearing pieces glitch in V1.25n-B (I think), its fixed in V1.26n-A onwards. The time limit issue is likely to occur if the level doesnt have a time limit, as the old Lemmix editor cannot handle this. (Its a feature not present in the traditional versions of either Lemmini or Lemmix)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: November 27, 2014, 09:21:01 PM »

Crane found the disappearing pieces glitch in V1.25n-B (I think), its fixed in V1.26n-A onwards. The time limit issue is likely to occur if the level doesnt have a time limit, as the old Lemmix editor cannot handle this. (Its a feature not present in the traditional versions of either Lemmini or Lemmix)

ok, cool. it's tough to keep up.  :P I'm glad cause the test-play feature is super handy.
My issues btw, the panel resizing thing I wouldn't worry about; since you've nicely made the panels a better size by default.
The copy/paste thing is still an issue though; I've just been using old Lemmix to do serious/heavy editing and NeoLemmix for testing and other stuff.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #575 on: November 27, 2014, 09:38:45 PM »
I'm still intending to look into it, though I can't do any major changes to software at the moment as I'm away from home until January; I have my laptop but the keyboard barely works (I'm having to use my smartphone as an external one, which is fine for posting messages and stuff but I wouldn't want to try any major coding).

Out of interest, what version of Windows do you have, and what language do you use? These are the only things I can think of that may cause issues for you that arent seen by everyone. (And, if possible, do you still have the issue if you use a different PC, and if so, what's the setup on that one?)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #576 on: November 29, 2014, 02:07:50 AM »
Just to confirm, the new LPO features that were in Demo 2 will be available in NeoLemmix from the next update. These are:

- The rising water gimmick
- Entrances where the lemmings come out with permanent skills already applied

EDIT: There was no new release and the full version is out, so the next update (which I'll put up within the next few days, but getting the forum move sorted is higher priority ATM) will have all new LPO features.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #577 on: November 30, 2014, 01:59:27 PM »
I think I've asked about this before, but just in case people need to know:

How do you open up a custom-made VGASPEC level in the NeoLemmix Editor? (For example, VGASPECS.DAT of geoopk1.dat)?
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #578 on: November 30, 2014, 10:41:38 PM »
You need to define them in NeoLemmixStyles.ini then recompile the style in question. If it's a CustLemm level (or a NeoLemmix level without a style-by-name set), you might have to use a custom style set entry so the numbers match up.

It's mostly the same as for the traditional Lemmix editor, except that VGASPECs and graphic sets are defined as seperate entries, instead of each entry referring to a specific *combination* of the two.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix (Player: V1.26n-C | Editor: V1.26n-B)
« Reply #579 on: December 18, 2014, 11:20:25 PM »
Update is finally here. :) This update brings the NeoLemmix versions in line with what LPO was released based on, as well as allowing general use of the LPO gimmicks (and the new feature of entrances pre-assigning permanent skills).

NeoLemmix V1.26n-C
-----------------------------
* Increased the strictness of Platformer terrain checks.
* Fixed a bug with swimmer+climber athletes.
* Fixed a bug with a three-way interaction between a climber, a blocker
  and a stacker.
* Fixed a minor graphical glitch in the Desert style.
* LPO gimmicks are now usable in all NeoLemmix players:
  (Gim24) is the rising water gimmick. Any water (or fire!) objects that you
    want to rise should have their L value set to a non-zero value; they will
    rise by 1 pixel every (L value) frames. Note that it should be impossible
    for the lemmings to get below the water level unless they'll drown (or swim)
    immediately, and any objects that come before the water in the object list
    must have the same No Overwrite setting as the water itself does; otherwise
    graphical glitches may occur.
  (Gim25) is the Playtime 10 gimmick. Giving away how this works would spoil the
    level's solution so I won't detail it just yet, PM me if you want the info.
  (Gim26) is the Zombie gimmick. Marking a lemming as a zombie is done the same
    way as initially giving it a skill; the value to add for zombie is 64.
* Just like with pre-placed lemmings, trapdoors can also have skills initially
  assigned to the lemmings they spawn. It's done the same way as for a pre-placed
  lemming, except that trapdoors can't spawn blockers (they CAN spawn zombies).
* Lemmings Plus Flashbacks is now included in the NeoLemmix update stream; as
  always this is considered an unofficial version of the game.

DropBox
NeoLemmix Website

Also, the NeoLemmix website finally has information on all the NeoLemmix file formats (except VGASPEC, but standard Lemmings VGASPECs will work perfectly fine too).
My Lemmings projects