Author Topic: Sharing levels from the PSP version - how's it done?  (Read 7389 times)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
Re: Sharing levels from the PSP version - how's it done?
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2014, 09:51:44 PM »
You can build a path with terrains to the place where the teleport takes you, but it still wouldn't be the same exact level.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2014, 09:56:34 PM »
You DO realise I have a copy of the source code, and I'm becoming quite proficient at modifying it, right? ;)

Not sure if you played Lemmings Plus II, but it already contains a new object type that isn't in the original games - areas that trigger secret levels. (It also has the one-way fields, but those in fact exist in the original game's code, they're just not used by any official objects - they are actually used internally by the game for technical purposes.)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2014, 10:19:57 PM »
I don't know what's Lemmings Plus 2 is, but if it can make the old Lemmings have teleports and skill pick ups, then go make remakes of the PS3 levels. I can help making some of the levels.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2014, 04:50:56 AM »
Not exactly. Lemmings Plus II is a level pack I made, which has some new features. It's the sequel to Lemmings Plus DOS Project (don't let the name mislead you, it runs on Windows only and uses Lemmix as the underlying engine - though this one doesn't contain any special mechanics apart from instant bombers).

Anyway, teleporters are definitely a feature that can easily be added in. Lemming cloners should also be possible. Pickupable skills might be a bit trickier - should be able to do it somehow, though. I'm currently working on improving the player to remove some of the glitches that carried over from DOS (since Lemmix replicates it almost perfectly) and other things (for example, I've improved trigger area resolution to pixel-perfect rather than a 4x4 grid).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2014, 07:53:25 AM »
What about those vertical levels? Something like that requires a Lemmings 2 editor, because the levels in that game are bigger. I just remembered another problem from back then. Not all the levels in the PS3 uses teleports and skill pickups, so I thought I make Mayhem 9 (Roar of the Big Machine) and the problem is the Lemmings in the PS3 able to survive bigger fall heights, than the old Lemmings. The Lemmings from the third entrance keeps splatting and the level will look weird, if I raise the terrains.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.