Author Topic: new Lemmini terrain/fixes  (Read 2473 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
new Lemmini terrain/fixes
« on: October 16, 2013, 11:58:29 PM »
The folder attached contains 32 terrain pieces from the graphics used by Lemmini. I decided to begin making some new ones and fix pieces which have mistakes. For example the wooden piece from pillar set has this weird arbitrary pixel floating out in no-man's land for no apparent reason. I erased it and also fixed the boundary box. I plan to fix all boundary boxes which will make aligning them in editors profoundly easier.
I need confirmation first however, if this will conflict with levels already made with "old" terrain.

bubble_33, bubble_54, pillar 16, marble_26, rock_9 you can insert into your folder and replace the ones already there. These are fixes. Mostly "holes" in terrain where there shouldn't be or a odd things as mentioned above.

to do this: find Lemmix/gamedata/styles/*then find the appropriate terrain folder and replace the existing piece.

for Lemmini find: Lemmini/styles/appropriate terrain folder

---------
I also plan to add new terrain, you can see an example of that. But I don't know exactly how this works. That is, IDK what to edit in the ini files or whatever to get it to work in Lemmix and Lemmini. Can anyone help me on that?

I have no idea how to access the DOS terrain used by Lemmix.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
Re: new Lemmini terrain/fixes
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 12:59:21 AM »
Bubble_54 was correct in having the vertical "pipe" be angled near the top; that's how it is in the DOS version.

To add terrain, open the style's INI file and look for a "tiles" field. Change this number to the new number of terrain pieces. Note that it must be 1 greater than, not equal to, the highest terrain index.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 02:21:07 AM »
I don't think any tools exist for extracting and recompiling the DOS graphics.

You can decompress the DAT files with ldecomp, but there's nothing for re-compressing them again, nor is there anything to convert the uncompressed files into a common format like BMP or PNG. The formats ARE documented, though; it's just that no one's made tools to do the work yet.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 03:33:56 AM »
Bubble_54 was correct in having the vertical "pipe" be angled near the top; that's how it is in the DOS version.

To add terrain, open the style's INI file and look for a "tiles" field. Change this number to the new number of terrain pieces. Note that it must be 1 greater than, not equal to, the highest terrain index.

thanks.
I know that the bubble pipe was "correct" I just think it looks better my way  ;P
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain