Author Topic: extracting Cheapo music/sound?  (Read 2091 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
extracting Cheapo music/sound?
« on: July 09, 2013, 03:30:49 AM »
Can someone help me; I’d like to get the music and/or sound from Cheapo. Is there a way to extract them? Simply looking through the files didn’t yield anything unless I missed something. I only found two mod music files. The version of Cheapo I have has way more than that.
I have the version uploaded by geoo some time ago with a ton of levels by everybody.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: extracting Cheapo music/sound?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 12:52:02 PM »
No idea about the sounds, but you can get the music fairly easily - while the music's playing (either in the editor or in game), use the Windows key to minimize the editor/game without closing it, there'll be a TempMidi.mid file in the Cheapo folder which has the currently-playing music in it.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)