Author Topic: Lemmings Forums on Youtube  (Read 97357 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Forums on Youtube
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2015, 03:50:54 AM »
So, I decided to finally have a go at this myself. Starting with GeoffLems, and if it goes well, I'll probably do one of the cLemmings packs next (or maybe GigaLems if it's completed by then).
First video is uploading at the moment, I'll add the link here when it's done.

EDIT: It's up. Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8PVV-POT4M

EDIT: Part 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV1qQx52r-w
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 04:35:36 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2015, 10:34:41 PM »
Nice, namida. :) I have been watching your new videos at times, they have really good video quality (the only nitpick is the messy crosshair) and an okay sound quality. Like other people already mentioned, your talk was really hard to hear in the first few videos, but then you lowered the audio/music volumes, good! Nice to hear a New Zealander talking. :)

I like a lot that you make footage with some of the most expert commentary (knowing thoroughly the details of Lemmings games/gaming in general) there is for Lemmings games in YouTube, not so surprisingly. I also enjoy that your brainwork and level solving processes are shown in your videos, you don't edit and cut parts out too much. :) Blind LPs would be of course really interesting to see, because then every reaction is authentic. That's why I'm excitedly waiting for seeing your (hopefully blind?) GigaLems playthrough, though obviously I want to play those levels myself at first!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2015, 11:02:36 PM »
I wouldn't take my accent as being "authentic" NZ. Mine is quite unique. :p

And yes, I plan to do GigaLems blind, though I have played the first rank already from when he released it as LVL files.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2015, 11:12:05 PM »
Yes, I'll take time to watch them, too, as you know Lemmings very well for sure!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2015, 08:28:07 AM »
I'm almost finished with GigaLems now, so if anyone would like to recommend a pack to take on next, fire ahead. Has to be Lemmix or NeoLemmix, since Lemmini's lack of comparable fine-control features really tends to bug me. xD Otherwise, I'll probably do one of the cLemmings packs.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2015, 11:45:27 AM »
I would recommend:

1. MazuLems (including the two Extra levels) on the Lemmix player you created (though it does need to be updated to the latest version of the traditional player).
2. Essman's Copycat Lemmings
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2015, 11:54:04 AM »
Copycat Lemmings is actually a great idea. I haven't played the majority of it in such a long time, so it'll be virtually like a vanilla playthrough.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Essman

• View Profile
    • Ferret Face Games
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2015, 06:26:58 PM »
Copycat Lemmings is actually a great idea. I haven't played the majority of it in such a long time, so it'll be virtually like a vanilla playthrough.

I've been watching your videos and really enjoy them. Of course I'd like to see the Copycat levels being played to see how the conversion went, and to bring back memories of making them. It'd be interesting to see how they hold up after all these years.

(also, I could keep a list of bugs in levels and fix them if possible)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 06:35:18 PM by Essman »

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2015, 09:14:51 PM »
I'm almost finished with GigaLems now, so if anyone would like to recommend a pack to take on next, fire ahead. Has to be Lemmix or NeoLemmix, since Lemmini's lack of comparable fine-control features really tends to bug me. xD Otherwise, I'll probably do one of the cLemmings packs.

at some point, whenever my newest pack is completed, I'm okay with you playing that. Depending on how much testing is done it may be backroute ridden, which can be funny :D  .... or sad :'(

------
If you play Cheapo levels I highly recommend the level packs by Proxima and Ben Bryant. And also the large pack by Insane Steve but that's a big one that would be a whole series. Ben Bryant's levels were good but many of them seemed to have backroutes. Other people recommended the Purpletraitor's but many of his seemed long and tedious imo.
In any case there's plenty to choose from there.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 04:44:09 PM by もびうす »
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2015, 11:20:33 AM »
So, I started the Copycat Lemmings playthrough at last. :)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVWvcY0oGEFyh_KB-v3IVBb414JhHm3fF
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2015, 03:41:19 PM »
I've finished my playthrough of Copycat Lemmings. I might do one of the cLemmings packs next (although it wouldn't be a first-time playthrough; but it has been quite a while since I played them now) if nothing new comes out soon.
My Lemmings projects

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2015, 12:57:08 AM »
I'm hoping to get Revenge of the Lemmings out pretty soon. Almost all of the levels are finalized. The hardest part that is left is making the remaining special graphics levels. [Three levels by Proxima]
I can't really saw when that's going to be done though. I don't know if you were planning on doing any videos of that or not. Have you played the first version at all?
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2015, 05:17:31 AM »
I played the Lemmix version of it very briefly, but that's all. The new version is going to be NeoLemmix, right? In that case I'd love to do a playthrough of it. (Regular Lemmix is fine too, but for reasons I've discussed plenty of times I'd rather avoid Lemmini / SuperLemmini packs.)

Also, what trouble are you having with the special graphics levels?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 02:45:24 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2015, 12:23:18 AM »
I played the Lemmix version of it very briefly, but that's all. The new version is going to be NeoLemmix, right? In that case I'd love to do a playthrough of it. (Regular Lemmix is fine too, but for reasons I've discussed plenty of times I'd rather avoid Lemmini / SuperLemmini packs.)

Also, what trouble are you having with the special graphics levels?

NeoLemmix.
I'm not really having a large amount of trouble just laziness in getting them together. Oh I did have an issue when trying to convert levels using the Cheapo level converter. I kept getting a message saying "out of memory". I need to try it again (with the latest versions)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 12:29:23 AM by もびうす »

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline exit

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2015, 01:20:49 PM »
So I've decided to start doing this YouTube level show-off thing, too. I only have one on my channel currently, and it uses a glitch in the solution. I'll only post levels with glitches extremely rarely. Here's the link if you want to watch:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5CnrcbAgnpI