Author Topic: SERVER MOVE - APRIL 01 2013  (Read 8610 times)

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Re: SERVER MOVE - APRIL 01 2013
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2013, 07:26:24 AM »
I had major difficulty getting back on to the forum - I got "page not found" errors even though it was up, and I had to get geoo to talk me through configuring DNS servers (yes that is as technical as it sounds). I'd suggest sending out a group email in case there are other people having the same problem. It really looked as if the forum was still down :(

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2013, 02:17:21 PM »
Geoo, if you force refresh your image, it should be fixed!

Unfortunately, Clam, some ISPs take a little while to update - I've still not set up my email.. I've been focused on trying to get the site live. However, I shall send one this evening after email's active again!

Adam :)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2013, 02:04:36 AM »
Maybe this is caused from something else but some attachments still seem to be missing;

http://www.lemmingsforums.com/index.php?topic=6.50

there doesn't appear to be any attachments on this page (thought it appears like there certainly was as some point). Normally since this is old it wouldn't be a big deal but I was specifically looking through this topic to get replays and info for my community pack.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2013, 09:25:35 PM »
Maybe this is caused from something else but some attachments still seem to be missing;

there doesn't appear to be any attachments on this page (thought it appears like there certainly was as some point). Normally since this is old it wouldn't be a big deal but I was specifically looking through this topic to get replays and info for my community pack.

I just finally noticed the same thing today (on a different thread) that möbius discovered months ago. :XD:  Any chance the missing attachments can be restored?  Were there any previous forum upgrades/migrations/whatever that may have caused lost attachments on all forum posts from 2009 or earlier?

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2013, 08:01:22 AM »

I just finally noticed the same thing today (on a different thread) that möbius discovered months ago. :XD:  Any chance the missing attachments can be restored?  Were there any previous forum upgrades/migrations/whatever that may have caused lost attachments on all forum posts from 2009 or earlier?

I discovered this problem earlier than mobius did, it was in a thread. The downloads must have gone missing since April of this year, when the server was moved. I hope they weren't deleted permanently though.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2013, 11:36:04 AM »
Hmm, that's not a good sign.  I see also that Adam was last active on April 28 of 2013.  So even if he do have the means to restore all the missing attachment, I don't know how much longer we might have to wait until he is around again even to discover what we are asking him to look into. :(

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2013, 02:56:40 PM »
Update: regarding missing attachments, I seem to be seeing an improvement as I can see some replays attached in posts dated around July 2009, whereas when I checked 2-3 weeks ago I had to go to posts dated at least 2010.

But AFAIK no one has actually heard back from Adam on this, so did it somehow fix itself, and why only partially?  Very strange indeed...

[edit: actually, it looks like there may be no set date that determines whether attachments are gone or not.  One thread I was looking at lost attachments earlier than July 2009, yet another one lost more until 2010.

So probably nothing changed with regards to the problem. :( But at least no mystery after all.]

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2013, 12:53:53 PM »
Interestingly, I was wondering about if the downloads were suddenly restored. We now know that all the downloads in the Challenge category were restored I think. However, I don't see anything different in the Level Designing thread. :(
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2013, 01:21:45 PM »
We now know that all the downloads in the Challenge category were restored I think.

No they weren't actually.  I thought some were, but it just turns out that the cut-off dates between affected and unaffected post are different from thread to thread.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2013, 05:21:40 AM »
Up until some point I saved all the replays and to some extent sorted them, but then I got lazy and stopped.
Here's an archive containing all the challenge replays that I have, it seems to be reasonably complete until late 2009: http://geoo.digibase.ca/lemmings/challengereplays.zip

I might or might not have more replays somewhere else, this is from an old backup harddrive which I came to use again when my computer died. In the meantime I restored that computer and its data, and on its harddrive there might be a more up-to-date collection.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2013, 12:51:48 PM »
Thanks geoo, this seems to be a pretty good start. :thumbsup: