Author Topic: "Lemmings Level" - anyone gotten this thing working?  (Read 2002 times)

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
"Lemmings Level" - anyone gotten this thing working?
« on: March 15, 2013, 12:25:02 AM »
"Lemmings Level" is a fan-made Amiga game, from around the time of the release of Lemmings back in the day. You can find it here. As far as I can tell, it seems to be some sort of puzzle/platform title, in which you deal with just a single lemming.

The only trouble is, I have no idea what to do to get it to work properly! I've tried it with various settings (RAM, Kickstart, PAL/NTSC, etc.) on both E-UAE and UAE4All (I use Linux on x86 and ARM), but it does nothing. I managed to get UAE4All to show a bit of the first level once, though, but it took no inputs after that.

Has anyone else even played this? Is it actually worth all this trouble? :P Is it even possible to run it in an emulator at all?

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
Re: "Lemmings Level" - anyone gotten this thing working?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 03:36:54 AM »
You have to connect a joystick to the second port and control the game with that. (I know WinUAE lets you emulate a joystick with the keyboard. I don't know about E-UAE and UAE4All, though.) Once you are able to play the game, remember that you have to press up to jump.

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 04:55:25 AM »
Brilliant, thankyou. I'll give that a go tomorrow! At the very least, UAE4All lets you map a secondary instance of "up" elsewhere, so you can get around that most horrible of crimes against platforming. :thumbsup:

Offline Mikex62

• Cookies? WHERE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 10:34:59 PM »
I can't play it on my WinUAE emulator... every time i start the first level, it crashes to the AmigaDOS screen! I configured everything! What should I do?  :(