Author Topic: Lemmings-related web links  (Read 15004 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Lemmings-related web links
« on: December 29, 2011, 01:17:33 AM »
Mindless's archive (except level packs)

The Lemmings Archive, or TLA, by Mindless: Games, editors, and technical tools for the games.
Level passwords, a TLA subpage: Access codes for L1, ONML, and Holiday 93 and 94.
File format descriptions, a TLA subpage: Hack notes of the various game data formats.
TLA download index, by Mindless: All content from the TLA.
Lemmings File Portal by Mindless: Upload/download levels or related stuff, organized in subdirectories.
The old forum: A backup of the Lemmings forums from 2005.

Level sites

Lemmings Level Database by Mindless: Huge collection of .DAT level packs.
Garjen Lemmings by Garjen: Old custom levels.
The Lemmings Encyclopaedia by Vaarties: Images and solutions of all original levels.

Lemmix by EricLang: L1 level editor, and the L1 and ONML standalone executables.

Informative sites

Lemmings Universe by ?: An old all-around site.
Lemmings Compendium by Chris: Another old all-around-site.
Planet Lemmings by ?: And another all-around site.
kallex.de/lemmings by Alexander Meyer: A really old page, this link is via archive.org.

Idlingspace.com, 2-player by hima, translated by geoo: Musings about the 20 original 2-player levels.

Remakes

NeoLemmix by namida: Fork off Lemmix with new physics and features.
Lix homepage by Simon: Free/libre Lemmings-like game with networked multiplayer.
Clones by rt and Tom: Commercial game with networked multiplayer, DRM-free by now.
Lemmini and SuperLemmini (where?)
Lemmings DS by Matt S.: A Clone for the Nintendo DS.
Lemmings DS forum by Matt S.: The forum of the above clone. Nowadays dead.
Lemmings SDL by miner49er: A clone for PC and the Pandora, including 2-player mode.

List on Lemmings Encyclopedia by Vaarties: Includes downloads of various freeware.
List on MobyGames: List of Lemmings-like games, no downloads.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 09:13:12 PM by Simon »

Offline asbaarle

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings-related web links
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 11:29:30 AM »
Thanks! this is really useful.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 07:26:37 AM »

Does there still exist a backup of the Lemmings Community site? I'd love to see this again :-\

Offline Mindless

• Inactive - may respond to PM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 06:23:52 AM »

Does there still exist a backup of the Lemmings Community site? I'd love to see this again :-\

The Internet Archive preserved a tiny bit of it for you.

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 12:24:53 AM »
I'm pretty sure I have a database backup of it somewhere, actually.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 01:55:47 AM »
It'd be awesome if you could dig it out and provide it as download in a format similar to the way it was done with the old old forum.
If it's the exact same format, perhaps Mindless could even feed it into whatever he wrote to make the old old forum data easily viewable with little effort.

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 04:33:34 AM »
I will see if I can find it.  My NAS gets a little less organized every time I upgrade the drive and hastily copy old files over, so the folders are a complete mess now.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 12:29:37 AM »

Google Chrome gives me a malware warning from this site when I open the Level Review Topic. (We got Genesis level pictures from there.) Can anyone explain what's going on here? Has the site been taken over by hackers? Is the review topic still safe?? :scared:

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 04:02:48 PM »

Google Chrome gives me a malware warning from this site when I open the Level Review Topic. (We got Genesis level pictures from there.) Can anyone explain what's going on here? Has the site been taken over by hackers? Is the review topic still safe?? :scared:
Firefox gave me the same warning when I had cause to visit Planet Lemmings the other day. I couldn't find anything wrong, but then I always have NoScript, Flashblock, et al, running, and I'm on Linux, so your mileage may vary.

I don't have any Microsoft Windows boxes or VMs to check it out with, I haven't checked on a Macintosh, and I have yet to mess with any of the BSD Unixes, so I have no idea what might happen with any of those, and I doubt it would make a blind bit of difference to RISC OS, either. :P

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 08:06:47 AM »
I just found two pages full of Lemmings-like games that I've mostly never heard of! (despite the fact that one set was on TLE this whole time :o)

Lemmings Clones on The Lemmings Encyclopedia - includes downloads, but I haven't tried them yet.
Lemmings variants on MobyGames - I don't know how this site works but you can try google/youtube to find out more about these.