Author Topic: Stuff you did/thought when you first played Lemmings  (Read 9464 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you did/thought when you first played Lemmings
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2014, 01:30:03 AM »
I forgot to mention here that first time playing "Keep your hair on Mr. Lemming" I thought for sure that the whole block was going to fall down and kill all the lemmings when I bashed under it  :D
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2014, 04:21:15 AM »
^ I remember how anytime anyone was watching me play it (unless they were already familiar with it) they'd freak out about exactly that being "about to happen". And I'd just be sitting there thinking "yeah, I'll let them think that". xD
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Online Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2014, 09:15:52 AM »
You have enough skills to send climbers over again and again, bashing away one layer after another, then win. :)

-- Simon

Offline arttu98

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 09:51:29 AM »
I don't remember much of my early lemming years, but here is what I remember:

When I was 9 I got a PSX copy of Lemmings (It had ONML too!) for a christmas present. My mom said that when she was younger, she played Lemmimgs on an Amiga with her brother. Later that day, we inserted the disk in the PSX and I tried the game first. I think I picked ONML first. When in the game, I was like "How the heck do I control those things?". My mom showed me how and solved a few levels to me. Later I kept playing the rest of the levels.

Few years later our PSX broke. I haven't played Lemmings since that.

More years later, I discovered Lemmix. I played it while remembering the PSX times.

Even more years later, I got Lemmini to work. I didn't realize that I needed the Win95 copy of Lemmings!

In 2013 I got a PS2. I played Lemmings on it and reliving my memories. I also got a PSP with Lemmings later that year.

In very late 2013 I discovered Lix and I'm planning to have a match against my mom.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2014, 02:00:55 PM »
I remember when I first played lemmings I couldn't get by Level 5 the bashing level so I had to get my dad to help me by this one.  It was more to do with the barbed wire I struggled with in that one. As you could imagine I found the (we all fall down level hard on fun mode)

One time I was not wanting to do my school homework and it got to the stage where my dad was saying if you don't stop misbehaving I will throw the lemmings floppy disk into the bin.

I might be playing my dad today on the two player version of lemmings, I still find it fun even though many years have passed.  :thumbsup: