Author Topic: New unofficial online Lemmings game...  (Read 31122 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: New unofficial online Lemmings game...
« Reply #120 on: July 05, 2011, 02:43:55 PM »
They're not in the air. In L1, climbers' foot coordinates are inside the terrain. :)

Since walkers or similar gravity-obeying skills have their foot in the floor, the general rule seems to be that ohnoing occurs if and only if the foot is inside terrain.

-- Simon

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 05, 2011, 08:59:09 PM »
Since walkers or similar gravity-obeying skills have their foot in the floor, the general rule seems to be that ohnoing occurs if and only if the foot is inside terrain.

That's a logical approximation, but as far as the PC version goes, it really is based purely on the action the lemming is performing at the time and not so much the terrain.  The actions that prevent transition to "oh no" includes falling, floating, drowning, and maybe one or two more related to dying that I don't remember off top of my head.

In particular, you can observe the following on PC Lemmings: assign exploder to a digger such that at the time his countdown reaches 0, he is not directly standing on any terrain (possible because diggers can continue digging as long as there's some terrain at its "sides" so to speak).  Something fun happens:  it will transition to "oh-no", but because he's not directly standing on any terrain, he will fall down during his "oh-no" phase until he lands on something or explodes.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 06, 2011, 03:56:56 PM »
Whatever... the difference would be the loss of few extra seconds of the lemming "oh noing" which is somewhat minimal. I'd just be logical imho. Even in 3D Lemmings (and I think in Lemmings 2 as well) they don't "oh no" while they climb.
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline bombsite

• View Profile
    • JS Lemmings
« Reply #123 on: July 11, 2011, 04:30:33 PM »
I have been tweaking my bashers and they're now working a lot better!  I think they still need a couple of adjustments which I'm currently working on.

I've also fixed a bug which made it impossible to complete 'We All Fall Down' by only making alternate Lemmings into diggers.

Offline bombsite

• View Profile
    • JS Lemmings
« Reply #124 on: July 13, 2011, 10:47:22 PM »
The generally accepted hierarchy is to
rank by lems saved first;
if equal, rank by skills used;
if equal, rank by time used;
if equal, rank by whoever achieved the record first.

New scores added to the leaderboard will now appear in the above order.  Existing scores haven't been reordered - this will happen naturally as more scores get added using the new ordering method.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 14, 2011, 06:30:41 PM »
Quote from: bombsite
Existing scores haven't been reordered - this will happen naturally as more scores get added using the new ordering method.

That's... a bit ridiculous. I mean, I don't wanna play the levels back just to make my scores sorted, especially when you can't get any better score than that on some levels... If you're using a database, can't you sort it?
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...