Author Topic: Reccomendations plz.  (Read 2861 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Reccomendations plz.
« on: June 04, 2011, 11:37:09 AM »
Can anyone reccomend some good level packs that don't require glitches?
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: Reccomendations plz.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 01:15:22 AM »
I think Clam's last pak may fit the bill, not sure if every single level is glitch-free though.

Wait a few months longer, and we may also get a full 10-level pak from finlay!  We'll see...... ;)

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 01:52:33 AM »
lol, yeah right. :P

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 12:10:08 AM »
Hmm, usually most really good glitch-less levels appear in a pack amidst some other glitchy levels...

Some of the lesser-known good level packs that aren't ages old (here meaning older than about 5 years) that I at least don't remember in particular for having glitchy levels are SgB01/Fleech01, the ones by pieuw, by siergiej, Yawg06 and if I remember correctly, I think BulletRide's packs didn't make much use of glitches either, but I'm not quite as sure about that.
Oh and of course Insane Steve's latest one, ISteve10.

In any case, I found these levels pretty enjoyable, on a medium to hard difficulty scale, and not glitchy in particular.

And if you want a challenge, try tseug01/1tseug level 6. :P

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 02:40:12 AM »
I think Clam's last pak may fit the bill

Out of interest, which pack are you referring to? 05 (my most recent "full" pack for Lemmix)? Xmas10? Something else entirely?

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 07:48:50 PM »
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm thinking of 05.  I forgot about Xmas10 actually :XD:.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 10:55:39 PM »
Oh heck, that post you linked to is 2 years old. Has it really been that long since I last made a proper set of levels? :-\ Well, I suppose Flingsanity almost counts, but it's not quite the same...

I may as well put up a link to the post explaining the changes I made for this pack (so no one will have to ask me what happened to "Web 3.0", or complain that the challenge for "Guns Blazing" is impossible :P).

All that aside, 05 was intended to be easier than my other packs, so it might not be enough of a challenge for the more experienced players here. I guess there's still enough here (with the "challenges" thrown in) to make it interesting though. And while the levels are all solvable without glitches, it may be possible to backroute some levels quite badly by abusing glitches. (Well, just one level, IIRC)

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 05:40:45 AM »
I actually only need about 2 or 3 new levels to make ISteve11.dat -- although most of the "new" levels are Cheapo re-makes, and I forgot if you played my Cheapo packs. I know geoo and Proxima have, not sure if anyone else still here has.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 11:46:57 AM »
I played some, but the only really hard one I remember solving (and even then I wouldn't remember how to do it) was Ramco's Revenge.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)