Author Topic: All the levels in spreadsheet format  (Read 21529 times)

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
Re: All the levels in spreadsheet format
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2011, 07:21:21 PM »
I couldn't remember if I'd uploaded the updated codes version! :P

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2011, 09:27:06 PM »
the what version?

Offline Adam

• View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2011, 09:31:20 PM »
Damn my phone.. sausage fingers and a tiny keyboard do not make for good typing.. I couldn't remember if I'd uploaded the version with two sets of codes.

Just another thought.. not sure if I've mentioned this/done anything with it publically, but we could use the COUNTIF function to count the number of levels in each style. What do you think?

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2011, 09:46:00 PM »
Can you? Interesting. I'm forever finding out things about Excel, because those functions can be a bit impenetrable.

Ninja edit: added that next to the tileset key :D

I've just been changing around the spreadsheet to have the Amiga numbers of lemmings as the reference for Original Lemmings rather than the Mac numbers, which is more confusing because I'm probably the only one that's played that version. But I'm keeping in "Going Their Separate Ways", because I don't think it's worth making a whole new sheet for that. (I mean I could take it out entirely but I quite like it as a level)

Link again so that you don't have to click back a page: ;P
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15543016/Lemmings%20Levels.xls

Offline Adam

• View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2011, 10:07:51 PM »
It's possible!

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2011, 11:38:58 PM »
New material for the project!

ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/sinclair/games-maps/l/Lemmings_2.png

Notice there are some unique & unpublished levels, only for the Spectrum game (they seem very easy, but i would be nice to play them on Lemmix / Lemmini. One day I will recreate them =) )

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2011, 12:01:53 AM »
If we're going down that route, we can do the same sort of thing for a number of other ports that have modified and/or unique levels.  For example I played through NES and Gameboy versions of Lemmings and could contribute on that end, except making level lists like that is just not my thing. ;)  Maybe when I get bored with other stuff......

Offline Adam

• View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2011, 12:08:29 AM »
I think we'd need a full (and exhaustive) list of ports first, then we'd have to go through them systematically, I guess. It'd be worth it in the end, I think.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2011, 12:12:26 AM »
Incidentally, all thess information could also be useful to be incorporated in some form in the nascent Lemmings wiki some people here have been starting.  wiki are open to the general public to edit, so anyone with interest should feel free to contribute there as well.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2011, 01:03:34 AM »
New material for the project!

ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/sinclair/games-maps/l/Lemmings_2.png

Notice there are some unique & unpublished levels, only for the Spectrum game (they seem very easy, but i would be nice to play them on Lemmix / Lemmini. One day I will recreate them =) )
I saw some screenshots of gameboy lemmings on Planet Lemmings today that looked very like this, particularly things like the spiral instead of the spiderweb, but quite a lot of the altered layouts for this were the same for that. It wasn't a complete list, though.

Edit: Updated to include the Sinclair levels. :D (I've also included Adam's tileset counter thingie)

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2011, 06:00:59 PM »
Incidentally, all thess information could also be useful to be incorporated in some form in the nascent Lemmings wiki some people here have been starting.  wiki are open to the general public to edit, so anyone with interest should feel free to contribute there as well.
What should be on there? I'm not sure where I would start.

It's not really got any indexes or anything like that, which is making it difficult for me to navigate easily....

Offline Adam

• View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2011, 06:39:51 PM »
It's not really got anything at the moment, Finlay.. I'm not too experienced with Wikis, but set one up in case we wanted to do something with it in the future.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2011, 02:05:42 AM »
Just made a couple of corrections to the Xmas levels if anyone's interested - in particular, Flurry 8, which is actually one level on the Amiga and Mac versions and another on the DOS version (you can download the one I extracted from the Mac version here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15543016/flurry08.lvl ), and also the Xmas 92 demo.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2011, 01:03:54 AM »
I have just updated the file (still at the same place: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15543016/Lemmings%20Levels.xls ) with the 2-player levels from the Genesis version. Now I'm actually just wondering if the Amiga level order is actually closer to the Genesis level order with these; the order that I have already put the levels in is just the order that the level files are in. Does anyone know?

I've also added the names of the NES levels, a lot of which are different, and the codes. I found a site where you can just play this online as a flash game, so in theory I could just harvest the data from there, but it would be slow work – a lot of the levels are a bit too hard for me to just play through when I'm only trying to get the level data, especially when the interface, controls etc are very different to what I'm used to. A preliminary look, however, suggests that it shares a number of levels with the Sinclair and Gameboy versions, but in colour. Anyway, I've got the level names and the data that you see on the thumbnail screen (rate, time, number of lemmings, goal), which I took from a walkthrough online, but I could only find skills data for the Fun levels. Anyone able to help here? (I did find a site that had recordings of people solving the levels, IIRC, so I might try that next...)

Offline Adam

• View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2011, 01:11:58 AM »
I'm gonna be a little bit out of action for the next week, but I'll gladly help you with the updates - the NES game is HORRID to play, though.. it's dire, simply dire.