Author Topic: What is the minimum number of skills needed to beat each level?  (Read 76164 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: What is the minimum number of skills needed to beat each level?
« Reply #225 on: December 19, 2019, 05:47:19 PM »
A lot of these challenges, we've been doing all games in the same topic.

However, yeah, I see your point regarding clarifying they're L3D - good idea there.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #226 on: December 19, 2019, 08:28:37 PM »
Lemmings 3D Mayhem, continued
Mayhem 68 -
Mayhem 69 - 5 skills
Mayhem 70 - 6 skills
Mayhem 71 - 5 skills
Mayhem 72 - 6 skills
Mayhem 73 - 17 skills
Mayhem 74 - 5 skills
Mayhem 75 -
Mayhem 76 - 18 skills
Mayhem 77 - 3 skills
Mayhem 78 -
Mayhem 79 - 7 skills
Mayhem 80 - 7 skills (replay attached)

EDITS
- Mayhem 73, 17 skills confirmed (RR 99 after the 10th lemming is out, take the 17-turner route except go through the 3rd trap instead of around it, saving 2 turners - enough lemmings will survive).
- Mayhem 76, 18 skills. The "skills you can't live without" suggests every skill is required on this one.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 05:00:01 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 20, 2020, 04:37:55 AM »
Tricky 25 - 4 skills? (This is based on that there's a save-76 solution, which "may" involve 3 bombers, and the fact that the level can't be solved without at least 1 turner.)
4 skills is correct (2 bombers and 2 turners)

Mayhem 67, I've confirmed two different paths for 6 skills (one via middle spring, one via first spring), but I'm working on a possible 5 skill solution. Best attempt so far saves 59 (and would save 60 but for a minor screwup near the end), but a lot of lemmings are lost to a different spring and I think there's room to avoid this with better RR manipulation (and that's saying something, as this solution already involves over 20 release rate changes).
5 skills is now confirmed.  Get ready to slap yourself in the head with this one:

L3D Level 67 - 5 Skills (click to show/hide)

For L3D Fun 18, I'm going to suggest the obvious 16 skills as a starting point.  The max-saved solution uses a lot more.

L3D Fun 19: 5 skills, from the max-saved solution.

I'll take a look at a few of the other gaps over the course of the next few days.

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 25, 2020, 11:41:05 PM »
Filling in the gaps from L3D:

L3D Level 35: 7 skills
L3D Level 50: 9 skills
L3D Level 68: 9 skills
L3D Level 75: 6 skills (the 1-basher solution)
L3D Level 78: 12 skills (a variation of the 7-builder solution)

Also, L3D Level 76 (Fun Fair) is down to 17 skills - the standard solution only requires 3 builders.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #229 on: November 26, 2020, 02:10:15 AM »
Found a 10 skills solution to Crazy 8 while doing NeoLemmix Lemmings Redux min-skills; confirmed that this works on DOS too.
My Lemmings projects

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 10, 2021, 01:40:51 PM »
I've checked that the Redux 2-skill solution to "Quest for Kieran" does not work on DOS, for a reason that I'll put in a spoiler since it might give away the solution in case anyone wants to look for it for themselves:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)