Author Topic: What levels could be beaten in under one minute?  (Read 33111 times)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: What levels could be beaten in under one minute?
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2009, 01:04:33 AM »
Tricky 6 starts you less than a minute's walk from the exit, but there's a lot of building to do, which takes up a fair bit of time and appears to put this one out of reach.
??? LemSteven already has Tricky 6 on his list, and you have Taxing 10 in your list.  Are you sure you don't mean some other level?

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2009, 03:27:20 AM »
Oops. I meant Tricky 4 :-[

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2009, 07:27:12 AM »
Good job again!  :thumbsup:

One question though:  Would Taxing 8 be possible, or does Tricky 5 save less than 100% and/or use skills not available in Taxing 8?

Anyway, here's what I've got so far in Crazy:

Crazy -- 1, 2, 3, 5, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 19, 20

Note that 15 uses an outrageous backroute that's pretty obvious once you see it.
Quote from: Highlight to read
It's actually quite similar to my Taxing 22 challenge.

Unfortunately, several levels (e.g. 9, 17, and 18) are almost certainly impossible due to the large amount of walking involved.

Edit:  Crazy 13 added.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2009, 08:51:59 AM »
One question though:  Would Taxing 8 be possible, or does Tricky 5 save less than 100% and/or use skills not available in Taxing 8?

At the moment, I can't say for sure if Taxing 8 is possible. I suspect that there are too few builders available to cross the two gaps at the end quickly enough. The walking time isn't too much once the path is ready, but preparing the path takes time.

I don't have anything to add to the Crazy list at the moment. However, I do have a couple more from Mayhem: 8 and 10. Plus there's another Original Lemmings level that I haven't yet ruled out, and have made some progress towards potentially solving...

By the way: the Tricky level I just did was 5, not 4. Could you please fix up your list?

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2009, 11:03:10 AM »
However, I do have a couple more from Mayhem: 8 and 10.

Ack!  I was working on Mayhem 8! :XD:

Wish I didn't waste the time, but here's my replay anyway.

I'd like to see the replay for Mayhem 10.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 09:08:21 AM by Minim »

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2009, 12:45:07 PM »
Crazy -- 1, 2, 3, 5, 11, 12, 15, 16, 19, 20

I've got Crazy 13.  Replay attached.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 09:10:03 AM by Minim »

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2009, 05:08:05 PM »

Good job! :thumbsup:  I saw some potential with that one, too, so I'm not surprised to see it solved.  I hadn't verified it, though, so that's why it wasn't originally on the list.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2009, 12:25:03 AM »

I just realised that my old challenge on this level (19/20 without the climber or floater) is much simpler than I thought, and can be done saving 100% and with a miner to spare. :XD:

Re. Mayhem 8 and 10. I don't have replays for these, because:
[8] I thought this one was too simple to warrant a replay - your solution is much more complicated than it needs to be.
[10] My attempt came up less than one second short, and I haven't had a chance to try this one again, though I'm 99.9% sure that it can be done.
I'll upload the replays as soon as I have them - probably tonight.

The other level I'm wondering about is Fun 29. This looks like it's going to be even tougher than Tricky 7. However, I have a plan - and plenty of skills to work with :)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2009, 01:34:34 AM »
[8] I thought this one was too simple to warrant a replay - your solution is much more complicated than it needs to be.
Oh right, you can blow up one-way-walls.  Whoops. :XD:

But, perhaps my solution can be modified to lose fewer lemmings than yours?

[10] My attempt came up less than one second short, and I haven't had a chance to try this one again, though I'm 99.9% sure that it can be done.
I'll upload the replays as soon as I have them - probably tonight.
I assume this is one second short on Lemmix?  I'm fine with seeing a replay for that even if it doesn't work in Lemmix (I can always just modify the time limit to see how close you get).  More power to you if you manage a replay tonight that works in Lemmix. :thumbsup:

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2009, 01:37:31 AM »
Oh right, you can blow up one-way-walls.  Whoops. :XD:

But, perhaps my solution can be modified to lose fewer lemmings than yours?

Actually, I used diggers to get through the one-way wall. My solution was fairly untidy (a few lemmings fell off the bottom) but quick and simple to execute.

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2009, 05:15:58 AM »
All right, here's Wild so far:

Wild -- 1, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 17, 18, 19, 20

Of these, 18 was by far the most challenging.  Also, I was only able to get 9 via the nuke glitch, and 11 requires some steel abuse.

Most of the others require a lot of work to prepare the route, making a 1-minute solution unlikely.  Of these, 3 looks like the most likely candidate, but I haven't had any luck due to builders being in short supply.

Edit:  Added 3 & 19

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2009, 07:02:02 AM »
Here they are. Mayhem 8 and 10. 10 actually has over 2 seconds to spare :)

Fun 29 has turned out good too. Check it out.

Well done on the Wild levels LemSteven. I missed 11 when I went through these myself. :thumbsup:

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2009, 09:18:06 AM »
Good job ClamSpammer and LemSteven. :thumbsup:

The use of the sliding glitch for Mayhem 10 and especially Fun 29 are beautiful to watch. 8-) I hereby proclaim ClamSpammer master slider. ;P

I've just managed Taxing 3.  Interestingly, it doesn't use the sliding glitch.  (Well, I decided to rule out that glitch early on with this level, since you don't have blockers and you need 100%.)  Possibly one of the messiest solution I've presented so far.  The solution also won't work on Fun 16 because it needs 24 builders minimum (I used 27 in the replay).
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 09:13:48 AM by Minim »

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2009, 10:51:06 AM »
The use of the sliding glitch for Mayhem 10 and especially Fun 29 are beautiful to watch. 8) I hereby proclaim ClamSpammer master slider. ;P

I saw this glitch for the first time in... your replay for Mayhem 10. It's come full circle :D

Great work on Taxing 3. I noticed fairly quickly that the sliding trick wasn't going to work here either. Unfortunately, there are a few other levels where this applies, and you don't have 30 of everything to save the lemmings some other way :(

I love the messiness that these lemmings variants bring. It's a nice change from the maximum percentage and other challenges that require you to be clean and efficient.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2009, 11:12:12 AM »
I love the messiness that these lemmings variants bring. It's a nice change from the maximum percentage and other challenges that require you to be clean and efficient.

Indeed, it's amazing how different some of these 1-minute solutions are compared with the "normal" solutions.

Anyway, I've now got Mayhem 20 in the bag as well.  Unsurprisingly, it's basically the standard solution, with just one minor but important change:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 09:17:32 AM by Minim »