Lix > Lix Levels

Eye of the Needle

<< < (2/3) > >>

mobius:

--- Quote from: Simon on February 05, 2024, 08:33:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: mobius on December 07, 2023, 04:44:47 PM ---Spoiler (click to show/hide)the platform the exit is on should be steel to the right at least somewhat past where the overhang is.
--- End quote ---

See attachment for how Eye of the Needle would then look.

But now, it will be even easier to turn a worker near the exit. In Lix, when you're walking on steel, you can be assigned miner without further preparation and immediately turn.

Second attachment: An exit platform that is too thin to turn with mining, even if you cancel the miner with a platformer. Is that better?

-- Simon

--- End quote ---

:forehead: I forgot turning on steel worked in Lix. Good thing I'm not actively doing this myself anymore. Second attachment should be fine. Off the top of my head I don't know how saving 1 more is possibly without changing the solution.

Simon:
For 0.10.20, I'll use the version with the thin horizontal exit platform. It's horizontally shorter than the 0.10.19 Eye of the Needle. Forestidia covered the fix with Proxima's 2017 solution.

Reason: geoo worries about ease of execution for 8/10, and mobius approved this thinner platform.

Proxima, if you eventually disagree, we can change it later.

-- Simon

Proxima:
Sorry to have taken so long to follow this up. Here's a replay showing how 8/10 can be saved with a variation of the intended solution.

The variation in question:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)In my replay, the blocker explodes after the second climber has bounced off her.

I believe that the fully intended solution is for a third climber to explode on the far left platform, releasing the second climber facing right. The first remains as an unsavable blocker, hence one less saved.
If the terrain fix works, then we can leave it, but this solution is here if we need to refer to it later 8-)

EDIT: Had a look at Forestidia's solution (first post of this topic). This might be preventable by making the first wall thicker; I'll have to look into this another time.

mobius:
I should've been more clear and commented specifically on Foristedia's old replay; and the same goes for the one Proxima just uploaded:

These are acceptable alternatives to the main solution. They are essentially the same solution really, just places certain parts in different places and cutting a few corners but generally speaking the tricks are the same. I'd prefer to keep them in. Saving one more doesn't matter. Simon's solution however was different and we already fixed that, it looks like the next version will have the the thin horizontal exit platform. So atm the level should be good. :thumbsup:

Proxima:
Okay. Since you've viewed the replays and are happy, I'm happy to call this closed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version