Author Topic: [BUG] [EDITOR] HOT KEYS STOP WORKING AFTER RESIZE BOTTOM PANES  (Read 2200 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
reserved
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: [BUG] [EDITOR] HOT KEYS STOP WORKING AFTER RESIZE BOTTOM PANES
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 12:51:53 AM »
I've mentioned this several times since I first came to this forum, so this is some kind of issue still present from Old Lemmix. It's not a MAJOR deal and I've easily worked around it for years now but I think it's worth not forgetting about since it is a bug and could be important later if the editor changes considerably. Not to mention it would be nice to be able to resize the panes at the bottom; I use them quite a bit [though I've read some people don't use them at all].

-Open the editor
-Open any level. Test hotkeys [arrows to move terrain, cut/copy paste] they work
-Resize either bottom pane [the vertical bars], regardless of if you have any windows set int them or not.
-Test hotkeys, they no longer work.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 01:49:39 AM »
I remember looking, and being able to reproduce it, but not being able to even figure out, let alone fix, the cause. That was a long time ago now, so perhaps now that I know what I'm doing more than I did before, I might be able to find something. I'll take a look next time I'm working on the editor.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 07:54:37 AM »
I took a look, but still have no idea of what's even causing this, let alone how to fix it. The options are pretty much either (a) we allow this bug to continue to exist, or (b) we remove those panels altogether. Personally, I would lean towards B, as very few people seem to use them from what I can gather (for those who do, there's nothing stopping you from simply placing the popup windows in the locations where those panels would otherwise be).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 08:27:41 AM »
Lovely debate between Icho and Nepster at my apartment:

Nepster: And these three panels down here. They're useless and take up space.
Icho: Eh? The panels are your best friend.
Nepster: What are they good for?
Icho: (maximizes the editor window, moves inspector and tile list into the panels) This!
Nepster: WTF, why do you do that?
Icho: Where do you put the windows instead?
Nepster: (has his editor windowed, places the subwindows at the side of the editor window) This! What else!

-- Simon

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 08:56:44 AM »
Interesting. As you may have seen in the video of me creating a level, I'm somewhere inbetween - I do maximize the editor (it wasn't just done for that video, that's how I normally work!), but I don't dock the forms at all.
My Lemmings projects

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 11:01:21 AM »
To leave my comment here: I do also experience this bug and it's quite annoying! :devil:

I try to resize the panels to the left/right and ... hotkeys are a gonner!

For people using the panels it's quite a nusense.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2016, 02:56:47 PM »
Well, I found a way to fix it! It's a tad on the kludgy side, but it definitely works. :) So, fixed for next update. :)
My Lemmings projects