Author Topic: [DISCUSSION] [PLAYER] Let's discuss skill assignments.  (Read 9833 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [DISCUSSION] [PLAYER] Let's discuss skill assignments.
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2016, 11:19:58 PM »
Or can you assign miner to a builder standing on steel? That would be questionable behavior by itself.

You cannot. However, the inconsistency here is that you can assign them to a lemming (builder or not) standing on a wrong direction one-way-wall. The result being a single swing that doesn't destroy the terrain below (of course, it might destroy terrain above the lemming if there's any and it's not also one-way), followed immediately by the lemming reverting to a walker and turning around. I believe that, apart from the lack of any terrain removal, this is identical to L1 behaviour.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2016, 01:06:24 PM »
Things get even weirder with the miner assignment: If you want to assign a miner, a check for OWWs is made 4 pixels in front and 5 above the current lemming position (same as for bashers!). Neither is this check made for steel, nor is this OWW-check repeated anytime during the work (where OWWs are checked for a few pixels below the lemming).

Looking at the code, I suspect that someone just copied the basher assignment code and forgot to change the position of OWW-checks. :-\

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2016, 01:11:06 PM »
Things get even weirder with the miner assignment: If you want to assign a miner, a check for OWWs is made 4 pixels in front and 5 above the current lemming position (same as for bashers!). Neither is this check made for steel, nor is this OWW-check repeated anytime during the work (where OWWs are checked for a few pixels below the lemming).

Looking at the code, I suspect that someone just copied the basher assignment code and forgot to change the position of OWW-checks. :-\

Another reason to make  wrong facing direction OWW = steel area ;)