Author Topic: Schools back...darn it  (Read 22749 times)

Anatol

Re: Schools back...darn it
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2004, 09:59:43 PM »
What makes you think that those things were "thrown in"? And do we in fact know WHY the laws of the universe are the way they are, or are we just able to model and predict them?

G3K

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2004, 10:02:51 PM »
Okay, I'm going to step back, laugh at hydraboxwhatever for a minute or so, then continue.

(HARHARHAR OH DAMN THERE GO MY SIDES)

Now that that's over with...

Say God doesn't exist.

God doesn't exist.

Where did everything come from? Primoridial Soup?

Yes.

Then where did the Primordial Soup come from?

Chemical reactions.

Where did man come from? If man evolved from monkeys, why are monkeys so much stupider than man?

First of all, we evolved from apes unless my first year science teacher was very much mistaken. And the reason that apes/monkeys/chimps whatever have a lesser intelligence can be explained with one simple word: evolution. Brains get larger, skills get more advanced, et cetra.

Why are there still monkeys?

Because they haven't became extinct yet, funnily enough.

If there was an evolution with middle stages, why aren't any of those around?

Surely you've heard of natural selection, survival of the fittest and all that stuff? That should explain that.

And why has evolving stopped all of a sudden?

I think I'm going to go laugh my arse off a second time... evolution is an EXTREMELY gradual process, spread out over millions, if not billions, of years.

As for your miracles... (sound of mild scuffling is heard, followed by a roar of laughter)

Anatol, the day I come across someone who can part a sea is the day I set up bus trips across the Atlantic. They're quite clearly what is known in Scotland as a "load of sh*te".

hydraboxdog

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2004, 10:05:57 PM »
Where did the chemicals for the Primordial Soup come from? In other words, where did the first thing come from? Nothing can't make stuff.

Anatol

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2004, 10:06:53 PM »
If those "middle stages" were not fit for survival, why did they continue to develop over millions of years? Should not they have died off pretty quickly?

hydraboxdog

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2004, 10:10:19 PM »
Quote from: G3K  link=1093913419/30#31 date=1094162571
Where did man come from? If man evolved from monkeys, why are monkeys so much stupider than man?

First of all, we evolved from apes unless my first year science teacher was very much mistaken. And the reason that apes/monkeys/chimps whatever have a lesser intelligence can be explained with one simple word: evolution. Brains get larger, skills get more advanced, et cetra.".

Your teacher was very very mistaken!

Andi

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2004, 11:32:50 PM »
Hydraboxdog, you are asking all the time where everything comes from? WHERE DOES GOD COME FROM?

The answer? I DON'T CARE!
I don't care about god! I don't want to know if he/she/it exists or not. All I know is:

Religion is the basement of trouble! The church is dangerous! Why?

The answer: The church has become too normally! It's normal that you believe in god. It's gone so far that you can get in trouble by law if you say "god stinks" or so.

The church is evil! (Or : The church, Microsoft? What's the different?) Why?
The answer: The church have started several times in the past "huntings" for people who not believed in god or where for some other reasons not liked by the church. They said people with other religions are witches and wizards and are not worth to live. They made war against the eastern because they wanted "to free Jerusalem (or however it's called in english)" and defeat the "infidels".
You ask why I bring that and MS together? The answer is easy:
Microsoft eliminates all his enemies to have everything for itself. Just like the church. When every other religion is destroyed, they have the full power. The church prepared everything for a monopol. "You shall not have any other godsthan me!" ("You shall not use any other software than MS!")

Not only christians!

But christians are not the only bad ones! You can hear everyday from terrorists. Why does they do that? BECAUSE OF THEIR RELIGION! So you can easily see: The church is one of the biggest danger of mankind.

If you have any questions, just tell me, it's kinda late just know and maybe I made some mistakes.

Andi

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2004, 11:33:28 PM »
Quote from: hydraboxdog  link=1093913419/30#34 date=1094163019

So mine was very mistaken, too?

Anatol

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2004, 11:50:21 PM »
I don't care about god! I don't want to know if he/she/it exists or not.

It DOES matter if God exists or not. If there is no God, then on what basis do we base good and evil? If there is no God, then there is no morality, so I should do whatever I think is good for me, as long as I don't get caught!

They made war against the eastern because they wanted "to free Jerusalem (or however it's called in english)" and defeat the "infidels".

The Crusades were a result of the Muslim invasions of the Byzantine Empire. It was not caused by Europeans.

You are right when you say that religion causes problems. But that is only because of its great importance--because it matters a great deal to people. Don't think, however, that atheism doesn't cause problems, too. Surely you don't think that Hitler believed that mentally handicapped people should be eliminated because of his strong Christian beliefs? In fact, many Christians were among those killed in his concentration camps, because they were viewed as a threat.

There are many people even today who believe that infants and elderly people are less valuable than animals, because they aren't as smart as "average" people. This is what happens when God is taken out of morality.

So mine was very mistaken, too?

Scientific beliefs have changed greatly over time. The Greeks believed that there were only four elements: earth, fire, air, and water. Until recently in history, it was believed that the Earth was the universe's center. But these beliefs change with time. Why should evolution be correct when these others have been proven wrong? Were they not believed universally in their time, too?

hydraboxdog

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2004, 12:53:38 AM »
You only want to explain things on a natural level. But matter can't be created from nothing naturally. It takes something supernatural.

G3K

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2004, 07:02:13 AM »
Cripes, I go to sleep and this happens...

Where did the chemicals for the Primordial Soup come from? In other words, where did the first thing come from? Nothing can't make stuff.

Read this.

If those "middle stages" were not fit for survival, why did they continue to develop over millions of years? Should not they have died off pretty quickly?

The reason they didn't die out was because they were the most advanced species at the time.

To the best of my knowledge, he was a practising Catholic. In addition, despite my beliefs (or lack of any) I go to a Catholic school (on a sidenote, the "Catholic/everyone else" divide is a pretty major cause of segregation and hatred in my country, which brings me to dislike the Church even more)

You only want to explain things on a natural level. But matter can't be created from nothing naturally. It takes something supernatural.

For the love of... have you people even HEARD of chemical reactions?!

Andi

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2004, 08:02:07 AM »
We can go on like this til we suffer on death.

But I don't think you need god because of morality. I have morality, too. And I don't care about he/she/it.
G3K surely has morality, too.

BTW, I think christian is the most boring religion I know. The old germanic mythology is much more interesting. The old germans had morality, too.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2004, 09:14:25 AM »
Religion arguments again...

Well I have changed since last time. To avoid further arguing, I won't say what to.

Let's just say: We need a board area for religious discussion.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Andi

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2004, 09:42:24 AM »
No.

hydraboxdog

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2004, 01:17:12 PM »
Well I guess I can just kill lots of people and not care cause when I die since there isn't God I'll totally dissapear. Might as well have a good time while I'm here.  ;P

hydraboxdog

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2004, 01:27:46 PM »
Well, for the thing about the Primordial Soup. There was nothing. Then there was still nothing. Then a chemical reaction suddenly happens for no reason. Why is this? :???: