Author Topic: I can't run downloaded replays in Lemmix  (Read 9877 times)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
I can't run downloaded replays in Lemmix
« on: June 08, 2009, 03:20:47 AM »
When I try to run a downloaded replay, Lemmix tells me there's an error.  Anyone know what to do?

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Re: I can't run downloaded replays in Lemmix
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 09:59:49 AM »
If you're using the Lemmix editor playtest (did you ever get that to work?), and you get the "invalid different header mechanics" error, then you need to switch to Custom Lemmings mode and load the replay again. If you're using the Lemmix player, then it might be the same for that, but I've never used it so I don't know.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 09:48:05 PM »
Lemmix editor playtest under Windows.  I tried the solution, but it still won't work.  I'm going to see if maybe my version is outdated.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 09:00:30 AM »
But it is the error I mentioned, right? Did you just change the levelpack viewer to Custom Lemmings mode, and then start the playtest mode again? You need to load the level again so that it actually switches modes for the level that's on the screen.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 10:48:15 PM »
Trying that right now.

IT WORKED!!!

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 08:07:42 AM »
Indeed that is the only way to do it. Maybe I'll add a more obvious way in the editor and clones to manually set the mechanics. They are slightly different for Original, OhNo and CustLemm.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 08:16:02 PM »
Would be nice, as it wasn't too obvious.

Offline Yawg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 03:36:48 AM »
I can't get any replays to work either, but I believe I'm just missing a step as I don't even get an error. What all is required to play a replay? Can you simply place the .lrb and the .txt in Lemmix\Replay and then press "L" and then "R" during playtest mode? Or am I doing it wrong... ???
Finally released my 6th level pack! Ten levels intended to push you quite a bit beyond the expectations of Mayhem/Havoc; check 'em out and let me know what you think!

http://camanis.net/lemmings/levelpacks.php?info&pack=174

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 03:45:10 AM »
You really just need the LRB file.  You press "R" (that's capital R, so either use the Shift key or use Caps Lock) during playtest mode, and Lemmix should open up a dialog that lets you browse for the LRB file to play back.

Offline Yawg

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2009, 03:48:24 AM »
Yeah I just had some files misplaced it seems. Everything works now :) thanks!
Finally released my 6th level pack! Ten levels intended to push you quite a bit beyond the expectations of Mayhem/Havoc; check 'em out and let me know what you think!

Offline Yawg

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2009, 04:23:36 AM »
Indeed that is the only way to do it. Maybe I'll add a more obvious way in the editor and clones to manually set the mechanics. They are slightly different for Original, OhNo and CustLemm.

This is somewhat of a separate topic, but I think this might have something to do with errors I'm having playing custom levels in the Lemmix DOS player. Levels I made using the Custom Lemmings style behave differently, or don't work in the DOS player. I get a groundo5.dat related error when I try to play a level I made using "brick" from the custom lem style, and there seems to be a disparity of death-heights for one of my levels made using the "marble" style (also custom lem).

Are there any fixes for this? As of now, I'm stuck playing most of my levels solely in the Lemmix editor play tester   :'(

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009, 05:26:39 AM »
groundo5.dat error probably means you don't have the right graphics files in your folder, or you haven't renamed them right. Either that or Lemmix is looking in the wrong folder, in which case you need to load the level again (save it first if you've made changes and want to keep them).

The splat-height difference is a known issue. You'll just have to live with that :(

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2009, 04:33:43 AM »
Custom Lemmings is somewhat dead, though it still works.  However, it appears that the other games are better to use mechanic-wise, since those are the mechanics most of us are used to.  Otherwise what looks like a dangerous fall will be safe, and let's say there's one floater and a few builders.  Don't ask what the floater is for, but the player might use builders they were supposed to use elsewhere!  Of course, you'd have to question why they would be running those CustLemm physics, but that's a different topic...

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2009, 10:37:33 PM »
Yawg, you know the problems you've been having?  If they keep up, I can upload my Lemmix folder as an attachment or to the file portal for you and whoever else might be having problems.  However, it's a bit large, so I'd cut out all the unneeded files.

Offline Yawg

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 11:02:07 PM »
Yawg, you know the problems you've been having?  If they keep up, I can upload my Lemmix folder as an attachment or to the file portal for you and whoever else might be having problems.  However, it's a bit large, so I'd cut out all the unneeded files.

I would appreciate that. it would probably help clarify exactly what I've been doing wrong at least  :P

In regards to your previous post; if custlemm is dead, what other option is there for the creation of level packs? The inability to play any of my levels in the DOS clones really bugs me (due to physics differences, x-y offsets, etc.), but without custlemm we'd have to make all our level packs either uniformly original lemmings styles or entirely ONML styles...correct?