Author Topic: I can't run downloaded replays in Lemmix  (Read 9899 times)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
Re: I can't run downloaded replays in Lemmix
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 11:23:18 PM »
I still have ccexplore's hacked DOS lemmings exe which is better than custom lemmings simply because it allows for more levels.

However, the drawback is, I think the skiplevels cheats are removed, if I recall correctly.  Then again, ever since I learned that CustLemm used Skiplevels, I haven't tried it in this one.

Also, you can rename the styles.  This works quite well. Use 0-4 for the original and 5-8 for the OhNo!  If I decide to use it, I make the Christmas Lemmings style 9.  This should work with either OhNo! or the original.  And CustLemm is still on the The Lemmings Archive.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 11:50:42 PM »
Keep in mind that there's a difference in the maximum safe falling distance between CustLemm and DOS Lemmings (hacked or not).  CustLemm allows up to a fall of 66 pixels whereas DOS Lemmings only allows up to 63 pixels.  A dramatic demonstration of this is that if you play "We All Fall Down" on CustLemm, you can save the lemmings without doing anything since the fall off the ledge is not fatal.

While this isn't likely to affect a majority of the custom levels, it's something to keep in mind if you do decide to use the hacked DOS lemmings exe.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2009, 07:42:12 AM »
Most levels these days don't seem to have the CustLemm physics in mind.  I seem to remember thinking that the CustLemm had a larger difference.  Guess I'm wrong!  :D