Author Topic: Lemmings Revolution  (Read 12257 times)

BBP

Lemmings Revolution
« on: April 09, 2008, 04:44:57 PM »
Don't see many topics on Lemmings Revolution on this forum... hope someone can help me...
I have the 2004 re-issue that came in a duopack along with Holiday Lemmings. And I'm playing it on Vista (which, granted, is problematic anyway).
On the ROM there is a patch that dates 2004 and cures the known bug of the "High Dive" level. Unfortunately it creates another bug: the height at which Lems can fall, is slightly lower. Which results in 2 playable but unfinishable levels.  >:(

Is there any way in which I can solve this problem?

(Also: I don't have sounds, see the videos and miss the 5-1 effects on bombers. And after the startup, text won't show up, but this cures after 1 play.)

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
Re: Lemmings Revolution
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 11:48:50 PM »
What's this "High Dive" bug?  Please explain.
I bought Revolution back when it first came out... never patched it but never had trouble either.  Granted, I never played through the whole thing, but I was a bit further than halfway in.

If the bug doesn't make anything unbeatable, I'd say go unpatched.

Anatol

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 02:16:14 AM »
When I tried to play that level, it just won't run. It didn't work even after I installed the patch.  >:( LemRev seems to be a pretty buggy game in general. For example, you can force a lemming up through the floor by continually building bridges where the bridge meats the ceiling.

Anyhow, I'm afraid I don't know how to fix Vista problems...

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 06:24:43 AM »
And this new bug the patch introduces, lower falheight, is that confirmed? Since I haven't started the game yet and intend to do it with the patch installed at the beginning.

BBP

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 08:11:57 AM »
It's the patch that comes free with the 2004 disc, not the downloadable patch (there may be a difference between these). I have no problems with High Dive.
(If you want it, Mr K: I'd be glad to mail it or put it online, but be warned that High Dive is definitely not a difficult level.)

In Tanks A Lot, the Water Lems should just fall into the huge tank and live. With me, 50% will not survive that fall, making it impossible. It's also a problem in My Finest Moment.
I'm not sure if it's perhaps a Vista issue, but it seems unlikely it is.

Not sure if the "forcing Lem through floor" is a bug... it's very handy in certain levels and a right pain in the rear for others. And you also have it in regular Lemmings.

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 08:15:28 AM »

BBP

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 11:51:50 AM »
That one dates back to 2000... it may not work. If you'd like me to mail you the 2004 patch or upload it, let me know.

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 12:36:22 PM »
That one dates back to 2000... it may not work. If you'd like me to mail you the 2004 patch or upload it, let me know.

That would be cool. Btw, could you try if my given patch works and also keeps those other levels playable?

BBP

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 12:56:38 PM »
Sure, but it will take a while coz I just uninstalled it.

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 01:00:00 PM »
Np. I have lot's of time.

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 06:51:33 PM »
PS I checked my version of Lemmings Revolution, it turns out my CD has v1.01 out of the box. So only thing we need to find out, is the version you have. Could you upload your "out-of-the-box" Lemmings Revolution.exe  and the 2004-dated-patch?

BBP

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 07:59:19 AM »
Sure! But how do I get it out of the box?

(Edit:
So I just checked using the Explorer my Lem version is 1.0.0.1 and the patch I have dates to April 2000. I uploaded it nonetheless, it's available at
http://bonny.ploeg.ws/patch.zip . It's 11K in size.
(there's a patch on the disk that dates 2004. The 2000 one is on my hard drive. I'm assuming they're identical, they have the same size. I could upload it later if the one above is not working.)

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 08:12:17 AM »
out-of-the-box: install the game and do not apply the patch just yet. Now go to the installationfolder (probably C:\Program files\Take2Games\Lemmings Revolution) and copy the "Lemmings revolution.exe" file.

BBP

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2008, 01:25:56 PM »
Ah Ok. I made the "compact" install. Will get on it.

BBP

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2008, 08:10:44 AM »
Findings this far: the CD-Rom patch is (or seems to be) automatically run upon installation. Applying the on-line patch (which is significantly smaller in size) still didn't cure the fall height issue.  >:( Maybe you can apply the CD-Rom patch after you finished Tanks A Lot and My Finest Moment.

Also: plain installing doesn't make the executable available, it's still in the box.